Transformers: Unicron Apocalypse

“Well, the head has gravity generators connected to it, those get triggered by an impact and fire off a really powerful shockwave to send stuff absolutely flying.” Backblast says, “though, physics does throw in a bit of a monkey wrench with equal and opposite actions; hence the recoil; which is handy to make yourself go flying or just yeet some annoying pests into another galaxy.”

“Frankly, I think something with this much power being called P.O.K.E is kinda funny given the irony.” He chuckles, hefting the hammer.

4 Likes

“A gravity powered shockwave hammer? That is insane! Could I give it a test fire? I promise I’ll give it back in one piece. This thing just looks so stinkin’ cool. I’d love to get a feel for it myself.” She eagerly replied.

1 Like

“You sure this is a good spot?” Backblast asks, turning off the safety, “Could hit someone.”

“Actually, I do wanna test this new personal force field generator I just got; why not get two tests with one hammer?” He puts on the generator.

1 Like

“I think it’ll be fine. It’s a wide open enough space. Not too many people around. Nothing to worry about.” Solus said as she stepped out from behind her table and walked up next to Backblast.

Many of the other bots around them weren’t nearly as optomistic. As they had already started clearing out and giving the Prime more room.

“Alright. Just give me the hammer and let’s get started.”

1 Like

“Batter up!” Backblast says as he passes her the hammer and readies the force field.

1 Like

Getting the input of Solus Prime herself would be invaluable, if she truly is as approachable as Crosswire says. Coppeweb leaves his empty glass on the table as he gets up to leave the Oilhouse.

“Thank you, Crosswire,” he says. “This conversation has been enlightening. Should any of my projects come to fruition in the near future, I can promise that you and all of Cybertron will reap the benefits.”

“Until we meet again,” Bulwark says, bidding farewell to Nightshade. He leaves the temple to wander Genesis, the sunlight gleaming off the edges of his armor plating. Unless someone or something accosts him on the way, he’ll eventually make his way to the combat rings, noticing that several of his fellow Knights have gathered there to watch the fights.

3 Likes

“A pleasure young man!” He says, appreciating his excitement. “Admittedly, if you wish to know about that, finding some agricultural texts or visiting the colonies yourself would be able to teach you far more than I can!”

1 Like

Solus caught the hammer and twirled it in her hand. Then she grabbed with with both hands and slammed it full force into the ground. The resulting shockwave did little direct damage to the ground, creating only a small crater into the pavement. Chunks of stone are thrown in all directions. Though Backblast’s force shield protected him from the shrapnel that hit him.

The shockwave immediately blew over all the nearby merchant tables and sent a few bots flying back. And the resulting BOOM sound reverberated for miles. Solus Prime herself rocketed high into the air.

“Wooohoooooo!!!” She shouted out from above. After a few long moments of air time she came straight back down, making a bigger crater than the hammer did on impact.

“That was insane! I love it!”

“I’m definitely looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor friend. I’ve never met another bot who tried messing with sentio metallico the way you do. I can only imagine the things you’ll be able to make once you’ve perfected your system.” Crosswire said happily.

Before Bulwark got too far from the temple, he would hear a booming voice shout from behind.

“Soldier! Where do you think you’re going!?” It was unmistakably the voice of Prima. Founder and leader of the Knights of Cybertron. And he sounded very far from happy.

“I’ve never been off Cybertron before. But I’ve been very interested in visiting one of the colonies before too long. I’m thinking Alexandra, the home world of the scholars. Or perhaps the artificer planet Admecha.” Quill replied.

4 Likes

Backblast cackled as he was launched into a treetop and was still laughing with the biggest, stupidest grin on his face as he got down, “That was perfect! oh, that was awesome!” He picks himself up and dusts himself off, “and no shrapnel, a double success!”

3 Likes

Solus walked up to the junkion and returned his weapon. “Impressive work. I’m already getting ideas for a new hammer for myself. It’s been a while since I made another piece for my collection, and something like this would fit in perfectly with the rest. Not without some personal changes though.”

2 Likes

“Well, as long as you give credit where it’s due,I wouldn’t mind if you tinkered with the idea.” Backblast says as he puts the casing back on the P.O.K.E.

“Oooh, what if…” he gets a really mischievous grin on his face and writes something down on a datapad.

“Hopefully, I can figure out how to make it safe to literally strap to an arm soon.” He says, “So, what’s your angle in the market?”

3 Likes

“Caus.” He replied, taking the handshake with his clawed hand.

2 Likes

“Just trying to get rid of old gadgets and gizmos that have been cluttering up my workshop. Stuff I don’t really need to keep around.” Solus replied.

“That’s definitely a hell of a look you got there.” Mortar said. “But in a good way. Definitely in a good way. We haven’t seen too many technorganics around Cybertron.”

2 Likes

“Yeah…” Caus replied, blowing smoke out of his mouth as he talked.
“So why are you two here?”

2 Likes

Backblast looks at Solus’s wares.

2 Likes

“Honestly, your best bet might be somewhere relatively untamed, such as Neutronia. They’ve got a surprisingly bustling agriculture sector, primarily growing a sort of cane loaded with Sucrose. I believe they make an Ethyl Alcohol with it.”

2 Likes

“We came here to watch some of the combat demonstrations.” Mortar said.

“And maybe get in a match or two ourselves while we’re out it.” Brick added.

Solus Prime’s, as well as many of the other shop stands, had been blown over. Their wares and merchandise scattered across the ground.

“Oh wow. I guess I really made a mess. That’s my bad.” The Prime said as she started picking up her things. After a moment something interesting caught eye. She picked it up to admire it. A circular device with what looked like a pocket telescope attached to the side.

“Oh hey. My holoscope. Like a telescope, but it gives you a holographic projection of whatever it’s looking at. It’s a simple little gizmo, but pretty handy.”

Quill opened his book and quickly jotted down some notes. “Neutronia. Got it. Thank you. I’ll be sure to go there first when I get the chance.”

3 Likes

“Things far beyond imagination, my friend!” Coppeweb boasts, before he struts out of the building. Emboldened by Crosswire’s encouragement, he looks out over the streets of Genesis and…

…he realizes that he needs to pay for his drink. He quickly hops back inside and tosses the necessary amount of coinage Alchemist’s way, and then it’s back outside. The trenchcoat around around his torso and legs snaps open and splits apart into long rotor blades, and his limbs compact into each other to form the body of his helicopter mode. He takes flight, looking down upon the city in search of Solus Prime, and he finds her amid a mess of blown-apart stalls and various odds and ends strew about the street.

It’s little early in the day for the festivities to progress that far, isn’t it? He thinks. Hoping that some out-of-hand partying is all this is, he descends nearby and resumes his robot mode. He’ll watch Solus and the people around her for a moment, getting a read of the situation before he comes barging in.

Contrary to popular belief, most Knights of Cybertron experience fear as much as any other bot- at least, that’s what Bulwark liked to believe. And being in the ire of Prima himself was high-up his mental list of most dreaded scenarios.

Quickly, he whirls around and stands to attention. “Good day, ser!” he greets the great Warrior of Light, saluting as he does. “I was on my way to the rings, to mingle with comrades before my patrol.”

3 Likes

“It’s quite nice, I stayed there a few weeks in '8992. Though rather lacking of Proper enercron sources, so be prepared for some… lackluster cuisine. Nice people though. Properly hateful of pests as all should be.”

2 Likes

“Huh, that’s interesting. But does it work as well as a normal telescope?” Backblast asks, already think of ways to use it to blow something up.

2 Likes