Tren Krom: The Ruler Before Mata Nui

This is my sort of, but not really Moc of Tren Krom! This awesome drawing I saw a Bionicle wiki years ago was always my head canon of Tren Krom. This is my creation to represent it. About only 30% is made of Lego pieces. The rest is arts and crafts. That’s why it isn’t really a moc. I felt if were just Lego pieces, it wouldn’t look organic.

The tentacles are made of pipe cleaners and red fabric paint. LOTS AND LOTS of red fabric paint. Took a month to make them all.

The front of the head is Witch Doctor’s skull and the back was Takadox’s head.

The eyes are yellow zamor spheres and the teeth are claw pieces.

The center mass is just a foam ball.

I didn’t know where else to share this with other Bionicle fans, so I’m posting it here. I hope you all like it.

29 Likes

yup, that’s tren krom

3 Likes

uh
at least it’s realistic

Cool take on the idea, but I feel like less is more. His description as just red flesh with his two eyes being black cavities in his gelatinous body seems much more creepy to me. Still, interesting craft on a subject that certainly should be non Bionicle!

3 Likes

This is amazing. The tentacles look so tentacle-y, I would never have guessed they were originally pipe cleaners- and they hold their position so well. My favorite detail is the creepy third eye on the body (that suddenly appears to kill Carapar). Awesome job!

1 Like

And they capture the look perfectly. Meaty, slimy tentacles are something which I don’t think I’d ever find appealing to view, but you did a tremendous job there.

As for the rest, it’s… Pretty meh. Nothing impressive occurring with the eyes or teeth, and like Axelford said, not really in line with what little we know about Tren Krom, but I know the drawing you refer to. Great paintwork for certain.

3 Likes

Wait, but isn’t that what Which Doctor’s skull represents? It’s eyes are indeed empty. And the yellow ones are those that pop out in random places and shoot disintegration beams?

I think that this thing is very cool and is pretty close to canon. I only wish there were a couple of mayor, built-with-Lego, poseable tentacles. Although all those glued/sticked and painted pieces disturb puristic part of myself… But as a piece of art, its cool.

4 Likes

I love it! :+1: It doesn’t exactly follow the canon appearance, but I don’t care (it’s not like this is a canon contest or anyhing).

1 Like

Was it this one?

7 Likes

Without a doubt. Personally I don’t consider that to be Tren Krom but it’s an excellent interpretation regardless.

3 Likes

Thanks! :grin:

Thank you. That’s what the skull represents. I was debating on putting that 2001 eye piece in to make more visually appealing (which I guess is not what you want with Tren Krom :confounded:). And yes. Disintgration beam eyes.
Agree with that. I would have used some Kalmah tentacles if they were red ones. And I wanted keep the color scheme consistent and paint doesn’t stick to rubber. Wish shapeways would invent 3d printed rubber already! :laughing:
Also I totally understand the being disturbed by painted and glued parts. I didn’t use any rare pieces, that’s why it was fine in my opinion. I saw someone on instagram chopping up the golden Thok piece from Irnakk, and that made me cringe hard! :rofl:
I would never cross that line.

1 Like

Yup! That’s the one. It always looked the most “BIONICLE” to me, compared to other fan representations. In my opinion.