Trial by Tahu (Animated Short Film!)

@TeslaEffect @Hutere

the kapura sitting thing was just a joke, since in mnog he was always “practicing” running around and never taking a rest :stuck_out_tongue:

I personally don’t remember Tahu to be this much of a jerk. Yes, he was a bit grumpy, but in the book he never arrived to this level.

The rest I already explained why I think.

2 Likes

Thats cause you only saw small glimpses of Tahu at the very beginning and end of his 2001 character arc, this clearly shows the middle part we never had the chance to see due to not being actually focused due to Takua not being there when it happened.

You know why he never was saw Tahu this jerky in any official media, cause this bit of character conflict, resolution and growth was not show in any of it before.

Its amazing how spot on the character of Tahu was written in this small short, more so than in any of the G2 animations where he really is a jerk in a way where the bad writing shows (plus it helps that this whole short movie is longer than the whole winter 2015 animations, where you can actually flesh out the character more)

To me this also gives no excuse to the LEGO group. I mean a fan did this “in a cave with a box of scaps” worth of funding…and yet with all the funding they had they still failed to make worth wile animations where you could actually get attached with the characters. Granted he took elements/assets from MNOG that already existed, but who says LEGO was incapable of doing similar things.

I mean, just well done @Pereki , for a fan and even if you were part of the LEGO group, this animation is spot on and amazing. It really shows that you put effort and love in this work and it deserves more love in return.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for the kind words! I seriously appreciate ALL the feedback, and I’m looking forward to being able to bring you all more, when the time comes. :grinning:

7 Likes

I thought Toa could access all their masks once they were placed in the Suva? I was pretty sure they did that in the books.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to it, too!

1 Like

We talked about this on the podcast today. Really, really well done work. Seriously, the fact that you were able to do this by yourself in a short amount of time in such high quality is amazing.

You managed to nail the tone of G1 down, and that’s something that I feel that the story of G2 completely missed out on. I did think that maybe it had to do with me mistaking nostalgia for quality, but now that you’ve gone and done that, I can’t just think that anymore.

8 Likes

Yep. The Toa Mata/Nuva were able to teleport their Masks to and from the Suva except when they were in Karda Nui.

And during the entirety of Mask of Light, but that was just because the writers conveniently Korgot about that ability so as not to confuse people who only saw the Movie.

~W12~

4 Likes

Oh ok I didn’t know that!

1 Like

@Pereki YOOOOUUUUU HAAAAVE THE POOOOOOOOWAH TO MAKE MOAR OF THESE!!! Seriously dude, I enjoyed your channel on youtube and I didn’t know you were here on the message board. Please make more of them!

4 Likes

This is so good, the animation is so good, the story is so good, its just, so good

1 Like

This is amazing. I was just wondering, did you create all the characters yourself or did you copy over the models from mnog

1 Like

This is purely amazing. I especially love the parts where Tahu describes the other toa. Although, I never took Gali to be the joking type. I figured that was Pohatu’s thing. Still amazing though.

This gets my stamp of approval.

2 Likes

Really amazing, I am happy, I with people would make more g2 animations

1 Like

They’re from MNOG!

3 Likes

Many good fan made stuff in any case, not only Bionicle, rarely make it to the top. Sadly, not many are searching for such things on Youtube, unlike you, me and all other true Bionicle fans out there.

For your video, Pereki, like always, and like I said on youtube, amazing. Quality storytelling, sometimes even better animation quality(like the fighting scenes) than the actual 2001-2003 animations, etc. Great work. Do you already have plans for a new one?

1 Like

Yep! Don’t know when I’ll have the time for it, but there’s another one in the pipeline. There are also a couple of smaller silly things I have in mind that may trickle out over the next few months, though.

3 Likes

You are my new favorite person on the planet Earth. Truly an amazing job.

2 Likes

Dude, that film was awesome.

1 Like