Triglax, the Obnoxious Operative

Triglax is many things: fierce, arrogant, selfish, a fantastic liar. Despite his shortcomings, this made him an incredibly effective Dark Hunter. He has obeyed the Shadowed One’s orders for years and remains a favorite operative, even if he has to be disciplined from time to time.

Triglax

Species: Unknown
Powers: Shapeshifting
Pieces: 193

There are a number of ways I could’ve depicted Triglax as a MOC, but I chose to base this MOC off of the depiction I gave of him in my recently completed fanfic A Promise Kept; in it, Norik describes him as “a grotesque, yellow insectoid form, almost like a sick recreation of the legendary Rahi Keetongu.” Most of these parts aren’t in keetorange, including the Scarox head which the rest of the design was built from, so I did the opposite of what some Bionicle sets did and substituted yellow for gold. The wings are supposed to be clear but for some reason the “rubber trans-clear” color showed up as grey in the render and I’m not particularly happy about that. Speaking of grey, how can I possibly talk about Triglax without his most infamous alter ego?

Grey, the False Toa

Species: “Toa of Sonics”
Kanohi: Huna, Noble Mask of Concealment
Pieces: 91

Trivia

• Both of these MOCs are meant to be purist, though there is no guarantee that all of these pieces are easy to find in the quantities that you’d need.
16 Likes

ooo very cool!

3 Likes

Ooh these mocs look pretty good. I like the gold in the pseudo-Keetongu disguise and Toa Grey is cool. Nice job

2 Likes

cool use of that brain attack mask, also really nice rendering

1 Like

Absolutely amazing! You actually found a way to make the scarox mask work

2 Likes

Far as I can tell, Rubber Trans-Clear will diffuse any colour next to it throughout the entire part. I’ve had the same thing happen when trying to render Vastus’s tube. I think you’ll just have to go with the standard Trans-Clear.

I know those wings are meant to be somewhat opaque, but I think that has more to do with the hologram effect (which is absent from the current wing model) than the material.

3 Likes

I think next time I’ll try making them “Rau clear” and see if that’s any better

1 Like

Very nice design for Grey! I like how you didn’t give him a standard toa head — it’s a good way to show that he’s only masquerading as a toa.

3 Likes

Huh, I like how “Grey” looks similar to Toa Krakua. Maybe Krakua was shown a carving of him to become a Toa.

1 Like