Trinuma (Reimagining)

“Would you be quiet? This is a secret mission. Do you understand that?”

Revamp of the no-nonsense Order of Mata-Nui member who was a combiner model in 2008.

Adjusted the color scheme and gave him some more personality and character while also leaning into the demon aesthetic from his original horns.

More Photos:
Brickshelf Gallery
Flickr

Had the idea for this guy for a while and really felt like using a Miru Nuva for him for some reason. Comments and constructive criticism welcome!

39 Likes

A most honorable compulsion.

The shaping in the chest and sides is particularly good, and the transition in the thighs between the CCBS shell and the Inika thigh cap is nice to look at and think about.

The shield seems a bit slammed together, but the shoulder turret is very nice, aesthetically, and it more than compensates.

6 Likes

Suits him, also nice mini gun design

2 Likes

Why is he wearing blue jeans?

1 Like

I was about to ask why he became a demon beefcake in jorts

is trinuma gigachad

1 Like

Nice, the brighter red looks really good on him.

1 Like

Yes, a moc that isn’t a batgirl!
i love the shaping on this guy, and that shoulder gun is very cool.

1 Like

wow this guy looks really good.
I especially like the use of that mask and the weapons.

1 Like

Thanks! I was particularly proud of the legs and torso overall, was weird working with an Inika torso but it was the best part for the job.

You caught me, this is like the fourth slapped together shield I have tried and honestly I just gave up at this point since the rest of the MOC was done for months waiting on it. Was trying to keep some of the original’s aesthetics in it but probably should have just pivoted.

The gun was a lot of work, originally coming from the idea of using the Technic tread pieces as chain gun ammo. Glad it looks nice.

And thanks for the comment, really appreciate the thoughts on the different aspects of the build!

Thanks!

Is there a dress code for the Order of Mata-Nui that I’m not aware of? Just wanted to incorporate his original dark blue and it happened to turn into the jorts that everyone is seeing now haha, honestly confused on how I didn’t notice it until you guys pointed it out.

I love that image! Always love seeing how you guys see MOCs in different lights, and this one has been making me chuckle a lot haha.

and yes bask in his gigachadness

I agree, glad you think so too!

Yeah I feel like I chose the wrong time to post this… didn’t know a forum meme war was planned at the time haha.

Thanks, the shoulder gun was a lot of fun to make albeit being tricky, and the shaping of his different parts was probably my favorite thing to work on.

Thanks! He’s something I’m actually really proud of so I appreciate the comment, and I’m glad a lot of you like the mask change.

6 Likes

I really like his gun design! I also like how the Miru Nuva looks here!

1 Like

I love all the different bits of gear you gave him, nice work.

2 Likes

What a chad!

1 Like

Woah that upper torso is clean

I also love the way the gun looks

1 Like

Glad you like it! And yeah the Miru Nuva with the horns was really the start of the build so I’m glad so many people appreciate it.

I’m glad you like them, was really leaning into his gadgets so I’m happy they pop!

Agreed haha.

Thanks! The upper torso and gun were the most fun to build for sure, very happy with how they came out.

3 Likes