TTV Brickonicle Contest Entry - Gukko Bird Defense

This makes me want bionicle to be a system theme!

2 Likes

@Timeline15 Thanks!
@Doremarpool Thank you for the analyzing!
@AceofClubs Well, that is the point of the contest! Thank you!

2 Likes

Very nice. I’m loving these Brickonicle entries. My favorite part would be the Nui Rama, though I think its very out of scale compared to the Goko Bird.

2 Likes

around 36 dollars us

The Nui Rama just sells the entire thing for me.

2 Likes

I love the rahi.

1 Like

This is pretty dope. Maybe could use a bit of polish visually in a couple of places, but this is one of my favourite entries so far. Really like how the wings can fold up.

2 Likes

@MaximusPrime, @Radiation-7901, @Leoxandar, @BricksOfAwesome Thank you all! The Nui-Rama was the first thing I built. The set was originally going to be a Le-Koro hut and the Nui-Rama attacking it, but I realized an another Rahi would be more interesting.

3 Likes

really injoy that this is built irl, i really like the nui rama, i would like to see hows thats built becuase that is just as good as you can get, good work.

1 Like

Well maybe you could make a larger nui rama?

1 Like

Great use of that minifig body and Rascus’ helmet for Lewa–this is a great design! Well done!

1 Like

@Toby_Echozap Thank you! The Nui-Rama is actuallu really simple! It’s a black 2x4 brick with these on the side: LEGO parts 4617067 ANGLE PLATE 1X2 / 2X4 | Brickset and these: LEGO parts 6092592 PLATE 1X2 W. 1 KNOB | Brickset + some plates on top.
The tail? uses this: LEGO parts 4211803 PLATE 1X2 W/STUB VERTICAL/END | Brickset and this: LEGO parts 4144502 BRICK 1X2/FRIC/FORK VERT./END | Brickset.
Then the arms are made using these: LEGO parts 4569733 PLATE 1X2 W. VERTICAL SCHAFT | Brickset and these: LEGO parts 4535739 PLATE 2X1 W/HOLDER,VERTICAL | Brickset
Lastly, the head uses these: LEGO parts 4212446 BRICK W. ARCH 1X1X1 1/3 | Brickset, LEGO parts 4178398 BRICK 2X2 ROUND II | Brickset and this: LEGO parts 4213567 BRICK 1X1 W. 2 KNOBS | Brickset.
I think you can figure out the rest pretty easily.

@MaximusPrime I could, but I think it’s against the rules of the contest to change the entry.
@cabbieboy Thank you! At first I had a lot of different designs for the figures, like small brick-built figures and those weird figures from the old Bionicle system sets, but then I thought about it and realized the normal minifigures work the best.

3 Likes

Good Lord that Gukko is humongous. I LOVE IT! Really fits into what a system Bionicle set would be like, based off of my experiences with system sets

1 Like

It does kind of fit with system in the very late 90s/early 2000s though…

Used Star Wars because it was the first thing that jumped to mind.

2 Likes

I’d pay money for this.
Good job using that KK helmet for Lewa’s Miru.

1 Like

One issue I have with the Gukko bird is the saddle color, the contrast of the blocky shape look like the Matorans cut a hole on the bird top lump.
Outside from that and lacking play-feature, the front portion of the Gukko Bird is decent, Nui-Rama build is good, and the small tree is nice addition.

1 Like

@Psychic, @HewksDKowlihad, @Square Thank you all! Thank you all! I know the saddle could be better, but it is what it is.

1 Like

That Nui Rama is FANTASTIC!

@Alex_Twenty_Two Thank you for the compliments!

It kinda looks like somebody fed that gukko a little too much but other than that this looks amazing (Is the price a bit overkill?)