TTV Civil War Animation

Not quite fan art off, but still animation for the lolz:

19 Likes

How many frames per second are you making that animation?

If you want a nice, clean look, you should probably do 15 or 25 frames per second. I dunno if it’s just me, but it looks slightly choppy in terms of animation.

Perhaps boost it up to 25 frames and then use some of the “ease in ease out” methods.

3 Likes

I think it’s 12 frames a second. And ya it’s pretty choppy, I haven’t done too terribly much practice with it since I’m just starting off. Some are a little bit better, like this one:

10 Likes

This looks so cool!

1 Like

A little thing I learned from my video production class: it takes 14-15 frames a second to trick the brain into thinking an image is moving. It’s an optical illusion.

Having done some animation myself, I’ve tested it myself and this is true. So for further animations, I suggest the use of at least 15 frames a second. It’ll look a lot better in the long run.

For most of the stuff I know, I’ve looked up online. Lego animator Fancy Pants has some great tutorials to improve your animation. He’s helped me a lot.

6 Likes

Thanks for the critic, I’ll start doing that then.

2 Likes

Your welcome! I may not be the best animator, but I do know a lot of resources to use since I used to assist my brother in his animations.

2 Likes

This is pretty Fantasti-cool™! Great work here! :smile:

2 Likes

Minor critique on this one. The word 'fine has the ‘I’ and ‘V’ a little close together so it looks like ‘BRO FNE’ instead. Would advise spacing it out a little. Other than that, i like all of this!

2 Likes

Ya I agree with that, I almost changed it, but was lazy lol

1 Like

aw yeah man, chibi versions of you and I are adorable XD

3 Likes

Fantastic! Simply grand!

1 Like

LOL Nice animation with a fitting theme.

1 Like

Captain Eljay: “I’m sorry Meso, you know I wouldn’t have done this if there was another way. But there’s no diamond.”

Iron Meso: “# diamond dreams…”

Bwaaaaaaaaaam!!! epic fight ensues

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheJonathanJuan/status/674269992481742848

But cool animation tho :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hey I drew that one picture with you as Iron man and Eljay as cap :smile:

2 Likes