TTV MOC Contest: Build in the GWP style, win a Toa! [CONGRATS WINNERS!!]

If you would like to put in the effort for multiple models in a single entry, it is by no means necessary, but I won’t hinder the creative process if that’s what you would like to do.

As for “purist”, I would like to keep the parts 100% Lego. Decals, prints, etc are allowed, as are painted/recolor parts (Stud.io would have a sizable advantage otherwise), but cutting, gluing, or otherwise modifying a part or incorporating a 3D Printed piece I feel goes against the spirit of creating something meant to mirror the GWP Tahu and Takua.

11 Likes

What a great opportunity to test out my new lightbox. Can’t wait for the villain week!

8 Likes

Hey @StarBreaker, I know I’m probably splitting hairs here but I just like to cover my bases: when you say “Rahi”, you’re including non-Rahi wildlife as well, yes? As in Spherus Magna native wildlife.

6 Likes

Ah… I suppose if you wish to, I see no reason to bar Spherus Magna wildlife, personally. I feel '01 or contest Rahi from '05 would be more in keeping, but I don’t want to stifle creativity if you just really want to build a Bionicle Dinosaur or otherwise.

8 Likes

I know what the Lewa contest is all about Rahi but What Rahi is considered Not a rahi Like Keetongu, Tahtorahk, Mostly the Intelligent Rahi

6 Likes

Welcome to the Boards.

I’m not Starbreaker, or a member of the TTV Cast, but I assumed that if the Bionicle canon calls it a Rahi, then it’s a Rahi. Keetongu might tread the line a little close as he’s also definitely a character, but the Tatorahk should definitely count.

Which reminds me - I should look into that Rahi Beasts book for inspiration…

6 Likes

I imagine the only sample that could actually go both ways is Krahka, as she has been confirmed to have a moral light balance, whereas Keetongu has been confirmed to not have one

Tahtorak can speak but he really isn’t much smarter than a parrot or macaw

4 Likes

As Ghid said, if it is classified as a Rahi or Rahi species, regardless of importance, intelligence, or otherwise, it is allowed to be entered.

8 Likes

Tatorahk is capable of understanding what he is saying, though. He knows the words coming out of his mouth form a sentence and how the rules of grammar work. Parrots are incredibly intelligent, but I have to doubt they repeat words with anything more than the understanding that they are noise patterns with intent behind them.

They are mostly just silly.

And on that note, I wonder how many people are going to make a Gukko, along with a Matoran to ride it?

7 Likes

@StarBreaker can it have mega blocks parts? (because my villain entry has 1)

4 Likes

I apologize, but I think I’ll say stick to traditional Lego for the main entry.

If you wish to include the piece for photos of an alternate build, you may, but the main submission must be Lego in entirety.

5 Likes

what could I use to replace this?

(edit never mind found it)

what about illegal building techniques StarBreaker?

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

4 Likes

I’ll say no to illegal building techniques, as I feel they aren’t in the spirit of the GWP inspiration.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, what technique are you thinking of using?

4 Likes

When exactly does the onua contest start?
Like, in terms of timezone?

4 Likes

You may post as early as 12am EST on each of the new contest days. No earlier, though.

Heads up everyone: NEW PRIZES!!

6 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes: Things are happenin behind the curtain

6 Likes

Oh yeah :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Interesting

4 Likes

Onua Entry Period Closed: Cast your votes!
Pohatu Contest Live NOW!

7 Likes