TTV Secret Santa 2021

Ah, Secret Santa! That barely festive event where a bunch of random people gift each other a bunch of not even remotely valuable garbage and pretend that they care about each oth- I mean, where at random you must craft a special gift for another boards member of whom you have no choice in selecting.

How this works is you sign up here in this topic and I add you to a list… Of people who sign up, obviously. Then on December 1st, you will receive a PM from me detailing who you’ll be creating a gift for. I’ll be pairing people completely at random, so there’s no way to anticipate your recipient.

You will have till December 31st at 11:59 PM (your timezone) to finish your gift. Then you will send it to me, and I will send it anonymously to your recipient… And also send you your gift.

Other Rules:

-This system only works with an even number of people. That means if there is an odd number for some reason, one person will be receiving a gift from yours truly. Do aim for an even number though.
-If you sign up, you are promising you can do this. However, sometimes life just happens. If you sign up and become unable to participate, PM me and let me know, but please try to complete your gift if you do join.
-Whatever you make must be Boards appropriate. I will be vetting every gift, and anything that toes the line will never make it to its recipient. Don’t be that person; make something nice.
-Do not mail your gift. This is entirely digital; your gift must be either seen or read. If you create a moc and want the other person to be able to build it, you can create instructions.
-Try not to buy anything for anyone. I can understand wanting to gift someone a digital game, and if you know the person you are welcome to… If you really want to. However, I would advise against doing so as part of this Secret Santa, as to avoid the precedent of purchases being the standard.
-All TTV Boards rules apply.

Signups end on November 30th after midnight sometime idk I’m not horrible picky if you’re a minute late. Starting this a month early so we can get as many people participating as possible.

Oh, and one more rule… Have fun!

Contestant List:

1: @Atobe_Brick
2: @Monopoly
3: @NOTaHFfan
4: @GoodGuy2006
5: @Senit
6: @Sabretooth
7: @Rukah
8: @Winger
9: @Brickbot99
10: @KitharaTheRider
11: @T4k4nuv4
12: @N01InParticular
13: @Pakari
14: @Cordax
15: @Philiam-II
16: @LegoDavid
17: @Enbeanie
18: @Krelikan
19: @Diero
20: @Racie02
21: @Voyager

12 Likes

this sounds fun
may I join?

1 Like

no
yes

3 Likes

Sounds like it could be a fun time. Sign me up!

2 Likes

aww

yay

1 Like

Might sign up of Simone doesn’t get a partner, partner.

Wait, who’s Simone

3 Likes

If you insist.

3 Likes

Hey wait just a second, ghood sir

It’s a conditional I’m in.

So for now it’s gonna be a no

2 Likes

Someone doesn’t get a partner, I fill in, and we won’t know that till signups closes.

So next time a real yes or no would help.

2 Likes

Gotcha

I’ll let you know if I’m able to.

3 Likes

Hmmm

I will also participate in this event

2 Likes

So, are gifts things along the line of art, MOCs, stories, etc?

3 Likes

I have an idea for a gift now
mwahahaha

1 Like

Ja, or you can compose and play a song, make a short film, whatever you think you can accomplish. And I’d really appreciate it if all who enter put some actual effort into their gifts and spend more than five minutes on it - I’ve been part of online secret santas before and I can tell when you actually care and when you’re just being lazy.

…Rules have been updated.

6 Likes

put me on the list
now

1 Like

:grimacing:

don’t worry it is

1 Like

Alrighty, I’ll give it a shot. sgni em pu

2 Likes

i am now on the list
yay