It’s time to secrete again.
Welcome back to the TTV Message Boards’ annual community event where you have to actually know what other people on the Boards are interested in so you can make the best gift possible. We’ve got plenty of gifts to make this year, and my schedule doesn’t seem to want me to be available to post these signups on the proper date, so you’re getting them now.
For those who don’t know how this works, here’s a rundown:
Some other rules to keep in mind:
- If you sign up, you are promising you can do this. However, sometimes life just happens. If you find yourself truly unable to participate, please try to PM me sooner rather than later to give me extra time to compensate.
- Whatever you make must be personalized to the user. This can be as simple as being related to a topic the recipient is interested in - a video game, movie, song, or even a specific Bionicle character - but a generic gift with no attachment will be disqualified.
- Do not send your gift directly. I know I’ve said this already, but if you PM your recipient the gift directly, and I find out about it, you will not be getting a gift. We’ve got to keep the Secret in Secret Santa, after all.
- Do not mail your gift. This is entirely digital; your gift must be either seen or read. If you create a moc and want the other person to be able to build it, you can create instructions.
- Try not to buy anything for anyone. I can understand wanting to gift someone a digital game, and if you know the person you are gifting, you’re welcome to. However, I would advise against doing so as part of this Secret Santa, as to avoid the precedent of purchases being the standard, and in order to keep things secret.
- Use of generative AI is banned. We want gifts made by others, not gifs barfed out by a computer. If you get caught using AI in your gift (and trust me, it’ll be pretty obvious), you will be barred from future participation.
- All TTV Message Boards rules apply. Also have fun or I will find you

NEW ADDITION: Many users over the years have operated alternate accounts on the Boards to bypass suspensions, live a double life, antagonize others, or even impersonate other people. It has become clear that if you aren’t willing to abide by the rules of the site, you probably aren’t willing to abide by the rules of the Secret Santa, either.
In the interest of not doubling up gifts for any individual, and to ensure honest and transparent communication in the Secret Santa, any users who have been caught using an alternate account whom the mods allow onto the site are barred from any future participation in the event. If something unpredictable happens to your account, please, tell us who you are.
As I have done in the past, I will try to cover for anyone who drops out, but no guarantees. Unfortunately I am poor and therefore require time to actually think of something ![]()
If there’s something you’re unsure about, or you have any questions about the process, go ahead and ask it here and I’ll respond the best I can. These signups will close on November 1st whenever I get around to actually doing it, so make sure you sign up before then!
Contestant list: