TTV Theme Sax Cover

I did a mediocre jazz rendition of @Spider-Ven 's “Hard Cotton” on the alto sax. I only did minor alterations, but I also added an improv section over B concert blues. I’m sure I could improve upon this, so maybe I will later. Thanks to @Cazapar for his TTV Theme remix which inspired this rendition. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to critique my work!

Here is my “sheet music” if you want to play it yourself, but it’s in E flat, and good luck trying to sort out my work (I tried numbering sections 1-5).

31 Likes

This is truly amazing in all honesty :thumbsup:

1 Like

Anything with a sax in it is top notch.

1 Like

Thanks!
Fun fact: the sax in the video isn’t the sax I’m playing

Aw yeh.

Now all we need is TTV Jazz Coffee.

3 Likes

NICE!
And thanks for the sheet music!
I will have to give it a whirl at some point.

1 Like

I expected nothing less! This is awesome!!!

1 Like

Where’s the full version of the actual TTV theme?

1 Like

Whoa, hey now. I’m the genius behind “Hard Cotton”, not that sellout.

13 Likes

Sounds great

1 Like

I play tenor and clarinet. transposing

This is really good, what are some other jazz pieces you play?

1 Like

Oh no, Ven I’m so sorry!

Edit: there I think I fixed it

1 Like

Excellent job, that was great to listen to.

1 Like

Pretty chill overall.
Great job.

1 Like

Fantastic job! You are clearly very talented. You have good tone, especially on those high notes where it can be hard to maintain decent tone. Great job!

1 Like

Thanks again for all the feedback!

@Shadower In jazz band and jazz combo at school, we’ve played a bunch of stuff, but some of the more notable tunes include: “After the Rain”, “Greetings and Salutations”, “All Blues”, “Autumn Leaves”, “Blue Rondo a la Turk”, “Night Train”, and “Blues and the Abstract Truth.”

@TawaOfFire I’m not sure where the full version of Hard Cotton is, but @Spider-Ven probably knows better than I.

1 Like

This is what I will be playing all day when I’m in prison.