TTV's Official Brickonicle Toa Designs [CANON][Worldbuilding][Characters]

These all look excellent! (as many others have said)

The only thing that I don’t like is Lewa’s cape (as others have said); not in the fact that she has a cape, but rather that it is just a plain ol’ regular cape. I feel like a cape with some sort of custom/ new cut would be better.

Also, is the idea that the cape serves as a sort-of glider? If so, then maybe make it so that the cape folds out or something? I dunno…

Obviously this can be disregarded completely if this art is final and won’t change.

2 Likes

This is getting off the original point, the mask designs are too melty/organic imo, and I’m not really a fan of the actual designs either, namely the melted uniter kakama pohatu has, or the melted miru lewa has.

These are fantastic! I especially love Lewa’s design.

I love these designs, Lewa as a female Toa is actually better than her 2 male counterparts, also I wonder if Takua being like as a female Av-Matoran rather than a male version.

You seem to be confusing Uniter and Master. I would say that most of these share design aspects with the 2015 Master’s masks, and for the most part, I like them. I agree that Lewa’s mask could use some work, but the others look great.

2 Likes

Kopaka and pohatu are near identical to the uniter masks, gali and onua are closer to the master masks, tahu’s mask I don’t even know, and lewa is closest to the original miru.
Regardless of design inspiration they are very much organic looking to me, they need more straight edges, sharp corners, layering.

These are all great, if not a bit too busy. I think Lewa should do away with the cape, and give it to Pohatu. How does a lonely wanderer in the desert not have a cloak?

Be it Takanuva or Voriki, I think the seventh Toa being female is a pretty cool idea. If the Makuta is still male, it makes sense for the Toa of Light to be female.

3 Likes

I love these designs so much, the detail on these is amazing, the mask designs are fantastic, when can I buy them? :smiley:

Haven’t heard the podcast yet so I don’t know if any of this has been discussed. I think Kopaka should have markings on the left side of his mask. Every other Toa’s masks have markings all over except Kopaka. Also, kinda sad Lewa’s name isn’t Shewa but I’m going to call her Shewa regardless. Love all of these, they look amazing.

Edit: Thinking about it I think Kopaka’s cape shouldn’t be black but instead the dark blue already used in his color scheme. Just my thoughts.

1 Like

Never mind, I checked the podcast again.

Fair enough.

I like it myself.

1 Like

Well, this looks pretty decent. The cape on Lewa is pretty fitting and the scarfy thing on Kopaka seems neat. The masks were adapted quite nicely, adding a mix of thesimplicity of gen 1 and the more stylized and complex look of gen 2. My only concern is with the little emblem thing on their chests. It sorta looks like emblems a stereotypical superhero would wear, kinda like Superman´s S logo. Other than that, I congratulate your great work!

1 Like

I thought @Oomatu’s were perfect, but whatevs.

I feel pretty stoked seeing these designs. They all fell well though out and the prints look very nice.

2 Likes

I now realize the emblems were the Nuva symbols and it makes a little more sense now, but the placement still looks odd to me. Does it look odd to anyone else or is it just me? I´d love to hear your opinion on this.

2 Likes

Question I’m considering making tahu, kopaka, lewa, pohatu, and the gali figures by printing out the figures, if I can ask what are the main colors for the legs and body for lewa, gali, and pohatu.

4 Likes

I’m gonna need a citation on this. The Nuva masks aren’t perfect, but Lewa and Tahu’s have always looked great to me, and Kopaka’s and Pohatu’s both look pretty good too.

I have to say, I love how Kopaka and Pohatu turned out. Those two are my favorites.

Poor Tahu got the short end of the stick here. Now I expect him to turn into Hades :stuck_out_tongue:

These are all really good. Props for the village and god names. That kind of reuse is something I tend to do quite a bit in my own brainstorming, and for good reason - it works perfectly! :stuck_out_tongue:

Some comments/nitpicks:

Love it. Gives off an Iron Man vive with the colors, but not to a fault. I think I’d prefer a vibrant pink to the blue, honestly, but no biggie.

Cape is perfect. Love that you went with Ragdoll’s scarred eye concept. Not sure about the yellow - he no longer has that cold blue gaze as a result.

I adore the use of orange on Gali - I adored it on her Uniter form and I certainly adore it here. The little side-skirt is great. The mask is okay - I’d say it’s a bit too wide and crab-like. She should have lip outlines.

The colors work wonderfully. Now, the concept of the cape sounds cool on paper (and looks pretty gnarly in Xeros’s concepts), but… it just feels off when I actually see it in play. IDK what it is… maybe it needs to look more regal? Or maybe the shorter “hobbit” cape would work better for the character? I’m not sure. I’d agree with Reese:

Also, the expression comes across as too seductive for my tastes. Something about the eyes… I think they should be more open and her grin should be much wider, resulting in a goofier look that could be compared to that of Unikitty or Pinkie Pie. Also lip outlines.

Swap Kopaka’s yellow and Lewa’s blue, pls.

Great colors, love the shoulder pauldron; however, I think he should rock the pauldron and a poncho-like cape for the other shoulder. Something like Kopaka’s, but that covers more of his torso. Being a desert dweller, it makes sense that he’d have something like that, and I think it’d work well with his look altogether.

I’ve never been fond of the ape-ish look for Onua, but at least in G2 (in toy form, at least) he was around the same size as some of the other Toa. Seeing him this huge here doesn’t sit well with me. As Azureus said:

[quote=“Toa_Azureus, post:4, topic:35180”][The Axl body] just makes him look too muscular, almost to the point where it’s kinda silly.
[/quote]

But, I admittedly can’t think of any alternative that would make others happy, so whatevs. Colors are good (I’m on the fence about the tan), and I love the little spots of moss.

All in all, I’m very pleased. The art’s beautiful, Var! I hope to see some dynamic action shots in the future. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is Kopaka’s Uniter Mask.

This is Kopaka’s Master Mask

This is Kopaka’s original Mata Mask.

This is Kopaka’s Nuva Mask.

I don’t know how you could look at all four of those previous incarnations and then claim that the Brickonicle Kopaka’s mask is “nearly identical” to the Uniter Mask.

Let me give you a hint.

9 Likes

So…so good.

I actually really like Lewa’s design, its prolly my favorite.

Kopaka’s forehead is a bit big tho.

1 Like