Tundi, Toa of Lightning

[poll type=single/multiple]

• X
  • Y
  • Z
  • A
    [/poll ]
2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the updated pics. As others have said, the white is a little overpowering. Love the weapon! My only real complaint is with the light grey. It looks good and piston-esque on the shoulders put just sticks out on the arms. Also, I recommend you add an emboldened notice for the updates. Itā€™ll make them easier to pick out.

None of the stuff in this picture is light grey, outside of some of the axles and pins. It is all silver. Iā€™ll see what I can do, but I donā€™t have much blue or white I can use instead. Though, maybe some system would work too.

2 Likes

Derp. :stuck_out_tongue: I guess I didnā€™t look close enough the first time around. Still, I find thereā€™s somethingā€¦ off about it. Though I completely understand your part limitations. That being said, I think there should be a way to rework the torso a bit. The shapes donā€™t flow together extremely well. Are there other parts you could use for the chest?

As I look closely, the feet seem a bit oversized too. As does the mask, but thereā€™s no real way to fix that.

2 Likes

I could easily roam the web for some inspiration or bring up pieces to see what would work, but nothing comes off the top of my head. Iā€™m sure I would have something that would work, though. I just need to look.

As for feet, I have metru feet that I could use instead of the inika ones. Unless you think something else would work better.

Just to give you an idea of the changes, here is a quick pic I shot:

I didnā€™t change anything in the legs or arms, but the colors in the lower torso were swapped out. No piece differences; just colors.

3 Likes

I personally think that would look better, but itā€™s your MOC after all. :smiley:

Yes, but it is nice to have a second opinion. I put them on to see. They look pretty awkward in blue for some reason, but the white is kinda growing on me.

I also made some more changes to the lower torso to make it thinner, and some changes to the shoulders to add more blue. Not sure if I would want to get rid of the Mata foot and replace it with something else, and I think this thinner design helps that. Donā€™t have any metru blue inika armor (besides the white and blue melded ones), so I used metru shoulder armor instead. I also switched out the mask to Hahli inikaā€™s mask, not because it is debatably more feminine, but because I thought that it might make more sense for an ex-Ga-Matoran to have a blue mask instead of a white one.

BTW, do any of you guys know of any Bionicle MOC Facebook groups? Forums are nice, but there are times where I might not want to make a long forum post or just want to drag through the other posts people make. It would be nice to have both.

6 Likes

Ah, that blue! Yes!

Oooh, I like that mask! The blue and thinner torso look great! Not sure about the wrist armour though. The shape feels a bit off.

No, sorry. I know several Flickr groups though. Besides, I prefer personally find the Boards to be better then both.

Did it look better switched the other way? Wasnā€™t totally sure about it when I changed it.

Is there such thing as a white tire, so I could stick it on the joints? What other colors do they come in?

1 Like

Yeah, those TECHNIC bits on the wrist looked better when the larger part was closer to the shoulder armour. The shape flowed better.

White tires are very hard to find. I recommend looking around on bricklink.com.

Pretty legit. Only two problems I have ere 1) the sparse blue and 2) in the story, is it actually possible to change elements? This isnā€™t really a complaint as much as a curiosity.
(Also, I severely doubt that I was the only one who thought that sheā€™d become Toa by being struck by lightning.)

There arenā€™t any noted cases of it, outside of draining light to make Toa of Shadows. Then again, there arenā€™t any noted cases of Toa Nuva becoming Turaga either, much less creating new Toa in the process.

If Lhikan can create 6 Toa by himself, I imagine that the extra powerful Toa Nuva creating 5 Toa would have some side effects.

1 Like

Finally decided to update the posts in the OP with the newer design. I donā€™t think there are any changes from the second pic in the comments, outside of switched arm armor.

1 Like