Tuyet: Hau memories last

The throne room was dimly lit, cool, and quiet. The only noise was the click clack of Tuyet’s feet across the floor. It had been a long day for the recent empress, for she had forged an alliance with a group of Toa Hagah that bore rumors of a plot by the brotherhood of Makuta. Deciding to believe these rebels, Tuyet offered them sanctuary in Metru-nui. That affair taken care of, she now had more Toa to help keep the city in order. Now though, she needed to be alone.

As the toa of water made her way to her throne, she stopped for a moment. She felt as though someone’s gaze was locked upon her. Tuyet knew it was impossible, for the nui stone shards embedded in her armor were not reacting to any nearby toa. She was alone, wasn’t she? Looking around, Tuyet gazed upon her mostly empty trophy pedestals, there were one or two items of significance. Turaga Dume’s staff of office, a Vahki head, a visorak shell with it’s rotuga still mounted…and a golden hau.

Tuyet’s eyes locked upon the kanohi. A slow feeling began to itch the back of her head, and she moved to grab the mask. Taking it back with her to the throne, Tuyet sat and held the Mask, lightly tracing a hand over it’s surface. “…Lhikan…”

Over a century ago

“Lhikan! Stop this thing!”
“Just hold on! He’ll slow down eventually!”
The toa of water held her arms tight around the Mangai leader as he laughed. Lhikan held the reigns firmly as the Kikanalo the two were riding, the rush of wind as it sprinted forward exhilarating him as it always did. Lhikan was close to the Kikanalos, holding a great respect for them. He was one to the only beings that actually had their favor, and would grant him the honor of a ride.

Tuyet was in hysterics. How Lhikan had convinced her to join him was now a mystery. This was something more suited to Nidhiki, or so she thought. She was used to transports, the rivers of Ga-Metru, and even the shoots of Le-metru, but this was something out of her own control.

At first shutting her eyes and holding tight to whatever she could grip, Tuyet looked up to see Lhikan beaming. ‘What an odd sight’ she thought. Lhikan was always so stoic behind his friendly personality, someone she always saw as more reserved, which had led to her getting along with him most compared to the other Mangai. Yet here he was, an almost wild and naive joy radiating from her leader. And so Tuyet felt some…solace despite the wild ride.

days later
“Are you sure about this, Tuyet?”
“Oh come now. This is my home. Just follow the rivers I tell you and we’ll be fine.”

Tuyet felt much more at home in Ga-Metru, and had convinced Lhikan to take her surfing. She took some amusement in seeing Lhikan back in his reserved mood, now being the one out of their relative element. “What happened to the Lhikan that bravely rides the Kikanalo?” Tuyet lightly teased as the two zipped down the river current, maintaining their balance much thanks to the boards thrusters. “I’ve never surfed with this board along water. Just need to get used to this.” Lhikan lightly sighed with a grin. “Come on, fearless leader. I know you can do it. Take a right down this current.” Tuyet chuckled, playing into her more friendly face. It wasn’t quite revenge, but it was enough for Tuyet to see Lhikan a bit nervous.

The two had a calm walk afterwards that day, in which they confided some worries and thoughts. It was a pleasant night in Metru-Nui

Back in present day

Tuyet held the mask of her former leader and friend as she moved to a window in her chamber. “Lhikan, why can’t you see it? Already I have done so much for this world. Soon, the Makuta will be crushed. Then nothing can stand in our way…” her proud declaration almost fell short as the mask stayed silent. “…I wish you had joined me like Nidhiki…” now a sinking began to pull at her heart. Tuyet swore she could see a light behind those empty eyes, she could have swore the mask wanted to tell her something, but only the quiet of her throne room answered her.

“…don’t look at me like that…please.” the toa of water’s voice grew agitated, “that’s the look you gave me when I…when I…killed you.” Now shaking slightly, Tuyet quickly rushed back to the pedestals and set the Hau back in it’s place. Only this time, the mask faced away from her throne. Returning to her seat, the empress pressed a button on the throne, opening a communication channel to her personal guard. “Bring me Nidhiki. We have something to discuss.”
“Yes, lord Tuyet.” Answered the young toa on the other end.

And so empress Tuyet sat on her throne, plans in motion…for a coronation.

(I’ve been wanting to do a series about tuyet since I started working on my moc of her, and now I’m excited to start progressing this further. I’d like to have images that can go along with the narrative for some aid in picturing the scene. I hope you enjoy this first installment in my writings on Tuyet)

6 Likes

It’s fun seeing Lhikan let his inner Ta-Matoran loose, and I really love the inclusion of images in the narrative. All the best books come with illustrations

1 Like

Mighty thanks for the kind words. I don’t usually write, but I had fun with this and plan to do more.

1 Like

An AU where Tuyet won, but the Nui Stone was still shattered? Neat. Nice to see a bit of her “good” side, even though she’s still evil – she always was evil for “good” reasons.

2 Likes

Ah I really like this story. It could totally fit in some kind of Dark Mirror-esque alternate universe.

1 Like

I really like this story! I hope there will be more!

1 Like

honestly this was pretty good - and kinda sad and cute!

1 Like