Tuyet, The Barbed Betrayer

Just wanted to post this in light of Greg’s departure from LEGO.

Sword design inspired by iBukkey’s barbed broadsword design.

Mask of Intangibility by Galva.

Thanks for looking at my Bionicle.

33 Likes

neat use of a mata brain stork, good job :clap:

2 Likes

I love the color scheme and how you applied barbs to her armor. “The Barbed Betrayer” is a sick name btw

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting so long to use it, then the contests end lol.

2 Likes

It’s SO good. Simple but effective. You might’ve just dropped my favorite Tuyet.

3 Likes

This is great. I really like the barbs and how you fit the ice blade into the sword! Also using a mata brain stalk for the Nui Stone is a really good idea.

Given that Toa change their appearance so much in story anyway, I always imagined that Tuyet might have gotten some new armor between her Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet role and the time of Dark Mirror, something fitting for a tyrannical empress. This definitely looks like an Empress Tuyet.

As for the build, the spikes should be too much, but they work (helps that they’re well-distributed and well attached). The MOC has a great sense of menace, the color scheme is cohesive, and the sword design is simple but conveys the concept

3 Likes

I really like this one. The use of a Tahu Master sword is really good.

1 Like

I like how it has a consistent smooth aesthetic without deviating too far from how a real canister set would be built.

I like this build; the two shades of blue as the main colours look nice, and the silver spikes are a really nice highlight.

How well do these small spikes stay attached?

Honestly pretty well at least with my pieces. No stressing on the spike or the nuva shoulder from what I can tell either.

I dig the blade combo

Some breakdowns:

8 Likes

That’s a clever toa stone

2 Likes