Typewriter Fan Topic

Hey guys, there has been too much unfounded hate for the typewriter lately, lets bring some positivity into this community by saying what we love about it!

18 Likes

I feel like the type writer fits Legos theme quite well, and that it would look very nice with the upcoming piano

6 Likes

The typewriter is one of the most important inventions of the 19th century. it is pivotal to understand the importance of this machine, as without it we would NOT have the ability to type posts. It led to the invention of the computer, Do people suddenly not understand how radically different the world would be without the typewriter?

6 Likes

typewriter clack clack is like lego :tm: brick clack clack

1 Like

II I will buy the typewriter and display it next to my IBM Selectric typewriter

7 Likes

Its also not a lighting in a bottle niche toyline that died twice.

So i think Lego made a great choice producing it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

imagine if the typewriter never existed and we did not get the QWERTY Format for a keyboard, how ridiculous would it be to type any other way???

4 Likes

I think the typewriter is a great historical invention and I look forward to buying it as a set.

1 Like

s-l640
This is mine , not really a typewriter but you can make stickers

5 Likes

I’m more of a printing press kind of guy

5 Likes

It’ll go perfectly as an accessory to my Bendryx, then I’ll have multiple things that make certain people angry for mostly illogical and nonsensical reasons!
:gregf:

1 Like

what are you talking about

3 Likes

Do you not know the tragedy of Toa Bendryx the Flexible? It’s not a story a salty TTV member might tell you…

5 Likes

Eljay may hate 'em, but I love 'em.

4 Likes

Are copypastas/long excerpts from Wikipedia pages allowed

1 Like

yes.

1 Like

A typewriter is a mechanical or electromechanical machine for writing characters similar to those produced by a printer’s movable type. Typically, a typewriter has an array of keys, and each one causes a different single character to be produced on the paper, by means of a ribbon with dried ink struck against the paper by a type element similar to the sorts used in movable type letterpress printing. On some typewriters, a separate type element (called a typebar) corresponds to each key; others use a single type element (such as a typeball or disc) with a different portion of it used for each character. At the end of the nineteenth century, the term typewriter was also applied to a person who used a typing machine.[1]

File:Typewriter Wiki.webmPlay media

Video on the history of typewriters and how they operate

The first commercial typewriters were introduced in 1874,[2] but did not become common in offices until after the mid-1880s.[3] The typewriter quickly became an indispensable tool for practically all writing other than personal handwritten correspondence. It was widely used by professional writers, in offices, and for business correspondence in private homes.

Typewriters were a standard fixture in most offices up to the 1980s. Thereafter, they began to be largely supplanted by computers. Nevertheless, typewriters remain common in some parts of the world, are required for a few specific applications, and are popular in certain subcultures. In many Indian cities and towns, typewriters are still used, especially in roadside and legal offices due to a lack of continuous, reliable electricity.[4] The QWERTY keyboardlayout, developed for typewriters, remains the standard for computer keyboards.[5]

File:Typewriter.ogvPlay media

Video showing the operation of a typewriter

Disassembled parts of an Adler Favorit mechanical typewriter

Notable typewriter manufacturers included E. Remington and Sons, IBM, Godrej,[6] Imperial Typewriter Company, Oliver Typewriter Company, Olivetti, Royal Typewriter Company, Smith Corona, Underwood Typewriter Company, Adler Typewriter Company and Olympia Werke [de].

5 Likes

Ich liebe Schriftsteller! und ich hoffe wirklich, dass das neue LEGO-Ideenset mit deutschen Schlüsseln geliefert wird!

1 Like

we live in a society

a typewriterciety

1 Like

Was für eine Gesellschaft wären wir ohne unsere herrlichen Schreibmaschinen

1 Like