Umarak (g1 remake)

This was originally meant to be shown off for spooky month but the bricklink order containing the last few pieces I needed to finish him didn’t arrive until yesterday. So here we are now.

Throughout the less urbanized Matoran settlements across the universe, legend speaks of a being in the forests, a stalker of the woods bearing a corrupted mask who seeks worthy prey to bring down with its darkness forged weapons; the shadow hunter, Umarak.

Tales concerning Umarak are hard to come by, as those familiar with the tales are hesitant to speak his name, as they believe that all shadows, whether the large looming ones cast by a setting sun or the pinprick sized shade of a fly under a lamp are the hunter’s domain, and all words and secrets spoken in the dark are Umarak’s to hear. His control over the element is stated to be so great that Umarak can travel through them and even shape the darkness into his own visage, acting as his minions.

The weapons of Umarak are also stated to be a byproduct of his shadow abilities, the bow channeling the element in place of a traditional string and the machete being cast from the darkness. Both weapons are employed by Umarak for his hunts, and those struck down by them are said to show no evidence of injury, as if the weapons are striking the targets very spirit.
It has been said that Umarak will seek out any target, regardless of where their allegiance lies. From the mightiest of rahi to the cleverest of warlords, anyone could find themselves being stalked by the hunter. The signs that he has targeted a person for the hunt are quite consistent; a slow but steadily growing feeling of dread will build up in the targets mind, all the while an aversion to wooded areas will begin to grow and fester, and those who are targeted will begin to perceive the shadows around them as moving or being darker than a moonless night.

Those who have attempted to truly investigate the legend have found little in the way of concrete evidence for Umaraks existence, though recent events have caused some to become more interested in the tales and stories. It has been found that the tales and stories surrounding Umarak are remarkably similar to tales surrounding a hunting deity from ancient Agori legend, suggesting the Great Beings may taken inspiration when imparting culture on the denizens of the Great Spirit Robot. There are some who have suggested that Umarak may have in fact been a Great Being experiment with the element of shadow, perhaps a prototype for the Makuta. All of this is pure speculation however, as after all Umarak is merely an old Matoran legend. Right?

30 Likes

The idea of a G1 Umarak is really cool. The moc itself is great, it’s color scheme is awesome.

2 Likes

Looks fantastic, not 100% sure that the infected Hau suits but he does look very cool.

2 Likes

G1 umarak ain’t somethin i knew i needed. great job!

1 Like

Much appreciated.

Yeah, I kind of second guessed myself on that but by that point I had already ordered the mask and didn’t want it to go to waste. I thought about a custom head but to be honest I kind of suck making those.

Thanks!

2 Likes

fun and nice moc overall

1 Like

Great moc love the colours!

1 Like