Umarak Master of the Hunt

why no umarak chest plate?

This is an absolutely fantastic revamp. I personally would’ve kept the original chest plate and feet. My biggest complaint is that the bow and horns feel too small in comparison to the rest of him. I know you wanted that for the horns, but the bow feels like some small peashooter instead of a hunting weapon.
Personal preferences aside I adore it.

Judge it by its size do you?
I wanted a regular sized weapon over the huge one he had before, the crossbow is scaled more to his size than his original which was pretty much as tall as his body itself.

Good revamp. It preserves many good features from the set while spicing it up with more custom and armor. I liked the original leg design better (except for the sparsity), but these legs are neat too. I also thought the original chest was more fitting for the “hunter” theme, but this chest works with Umarak’s new armor.

Overall, I get more of a warlord vibe than a hunter vibe. That said, your “Umarak master of the hunt” is beast for what he is.

Speaking of beasts, those trap-dogs are epic!

TR-8R says" nice moc really well built, nice 9.5/10."

his pelvis is a little odd, but otherwise great work!

would like to point out, his actually name is FN-2199 :wink:

the vorox armor piece on the pelvis looks a little odd, but the rest of him looks great

You made a cool moc, but you killed Umarak’s defining traits, he only has four dark red pieces now, he is a lot brighter in the arms than the legs, he no longer has his beastly legs or feet, or his massive antler head ornament, Umarak isn’t human nor is he strictly humanoid, he is a force of nature, I don’t think it was a wise choice to take away his primary details. Not to mention you’ve downgraded his bow severely.

Awesome! There’s so much stuff on this revamp I love! The skeleton armour add-ons fit really well. Though the few dark red parts now feel a bit out of place. You planning a V2?

he will always be TR-8R to me

Your typical real world long bow (that never was a crossbow) is really large.

In fact his old one is pretty much exactly the right size.

However considering your MOC uses it as a crossbow instead of a bow as it originally was, Its fine.

1 Like