Umarak, Predator for Hire

“How many did you say there were? Six? Yeah, yeah I can get that done. Expect me by noon tomorrow. I’m sure, for me that’s plenty of time. Just don’t forget the widgets.”
-Transmission ended

This was a fun little build that started with that leg design, and from there I kinda realized I was building a modern Umarak. He is 100% purist parts-wise, and can carry all of his gear at once, which I’m pretty happy about. His legs are a little long, and there’s a few pieces I wish I had in different colors, but for a quick build I’m happy with how he turned out. The biggest problem is that the crossbow arms are super unstable, but hey, that’s the price for a sleek design. My favorite bit would have to be the zamosphere launcher as a quiver, which I’m sure has been done before. On to the pictures!

The Hunter approaches…

Thanks for viewing, constructive criticism appreciated.

30 Likes

looks pretty great!

6 Likes

I wish I could see how he scales to the uniter sets, since he does look smaller in size. I agree that his legs look long, maybe just one pin hole though. My other complaint might just be a personal thing, but the ankle joint being offset from the knee joint bothers me.

The rest of the build looks good. I like the upper arm armor design. The horns look good, much better than the originals in my opinion (although the black tooth piece connecting like that hurts me). It would be nice to see the body construction beneath the cloth, but I think that would defeat the whole purpose of the cloth being there.

I love everything about the crossbow. The design is excellent, but I’m going to guess that the method for connecting the two skull spider legs is illegal. The quiver as well looks great.

6 Likes

Fantastic build, He really does have that Predator vibe. Massive fan of that Crossbow too.

4 Likes

Excellent crossbow design, and Umarak himself looks great too. Great moc!

5 Likes

Love the revamp, absolutely incredible.

4 Likes

Ah this Umarak moc looks amazing!! I really like how you’ve built this guy, the color combo of black and trans-bright green is awesome. The weapons and armor are really nicely done as well, the crossbow is very neat. Overall a pretty great moc.

3 Likes

Thanks all!

I would imagine he wouldn’t scale well at all, but that wasn’t something I was ever really going for to begin with. As for the legs, I think you’re right that they are just around one unit too high, which honestly bugs me a lot more than the offset ankle.

Thanks! As for the body construction, It’s literally just a skull villain armor piece attached in the lower axle hole of a 1.0 Hero torso, with the Vezon cloak thrown over it. I tried to attach a pic, but was having trouble with it, so I might get around to that later.

Yeah, they’re just held in there via friction, and is probably one of the flimsiest things I’ve built (which is really something cause I’m willing to put up with a lot of flimsiness in builds), but it looks slick so I’m happy with it.

4 Likes

this is so delightfully edgy, i love it.

3 Likes

To be honest, this looks pretty cool, the horns look cooler than on the set.

3 Likes