Umarak the Conqueror (UtH + UtD Combo)

In an alternate reality, Umarak put on the Mask of Control. However, rather than being corrupted and becoming Makuta’s pawn, he harnessed the power of the mask, and became more powerful than ever before.

He still maintains the ability to unite and use waist swivel.

He wields a staff that utilizes his former Mask of Shadow, allowing him to do all sorts of spooky stuff.

“OKOTO! YOUR CONQUEROR HAS ARRIVED!”

But what’s a good conqueror without minions? I wanted to make an advancement of the shadow traps, but have it be more traplike than the beasts.

So I made this dude I call a Trapling.

Traplings can also float in the air, but I couldn’t figure out how to defy gravity for the shot.

The concept was that these dudes burst out of a shadow trap, then split apart.

This is probably one of my favorite combos that I’ve done. It’s rough in spots (I’M LOOKING AT YOU ARMS), but I overall just had a lot of fun building it. Thank you to @Toa_Distraxx for suggesting this to me in my combo suggestion topic!

bye

84 Likes

It looks like it could be an official Lego set. I really like the traplings.

4 Likes

I honestly forgot I suggested this. This looks really nice, although the lower arms don’t look as good as the rest of the MOC imo. The Trapling is pretty neat as well.

3 Likes

Looks pretty cool! I love that staff! I’m jealous because I had this idea for a moc too…

2 Likes

A pretty neato-dorrito moc

2 Likes

okay here’s the thing about the arms

i spent 2 hours
2 hours
just trying to make custom arms

after countless attempts, i gave up and just went with something that didn’t make me want to vomit

for the record I agree with you 100%, but I just wanted to give that explanation

4 Likes

Why didn’t you just use the original set’s arms?

used the parts in the legs

1 Like

If this was a lego set, I would have bought it in a heartbeat

5 Likes

This is great, from the concept to the execution!

I particularly like how the mask horns are angled up, reminiscent of Umarak’s original antlers, showing he is in full control!

Nice job, Slime!

2 Likes

This looks pretty wizard my guy. Perhaps the arms could be a little more complex but they work how they are.

2 Likes

My mind’s hooked on Power Rangers Shattered Grid, so all I can think of with this guy’s description is Lord Drakkon. :stuck_out_tongue:
That staff is particularly clever. This is great, I may have to steal for a secret project! /s

1 Like

unless you can figure out how to build it on your own, you’re probably not going to get instructions for another 8 months

sadly that’s the way i usually roll

3 Likes

This is great. I love the idea that he just went “I’m gonna take my old head and put it on a stick and use it as a weapon” Very nice build overall.

3 Likes

TRAPLING, I LOVE IT, the moc is also pretty cool, arms could maybe use some additional armour, maybe the trap pieces and the sword is a tad bland, but who cares TRAPLIIIING.

2 Likes

Slime your combo models always make me happy.

2 Likes

I LOVE IT!!!
Can I get a tutorial for the head? Just need the head!!!

2 Likes

The head is honestly pretty simple. I can take more pictures when I get home if you’d like, but you can probably just figure it out from the second photo.

And if you do end up using it, shoot me an @! I’d love to see how you utilize it.

1 Like

Thank you!!! Also I will always mention who came up w/ a disighn (prolly spelled that wrong) if I use. Something that’s not frome my own brain!!!

1 Like

I don’t like the fists, but large hand are hard to pull off. Pretty good all else, for a slime.

2 Likes