Umarak, the Shadow Hunter

Heyo! Remember me? I’m back!

I bring you all today a quick, low effort (meaning I was too lazy to shade) pic of Umarak, my favourite character to come out of G2. Will I post more? Who knows?

30 Likes

ooo this look epic!

4 Likes

Welcome back!
The art looks pretty cool, the reinterpretations of the shadow trap shoulders and chest plate is pretty nice and the antlers look great.

4 Likes

Thank you!!

4 Likes

This is super cool. For some reason I can’t quite put my finger on, I feel like the style fits G2 particularly well.

I also like some of the stylizations, such as turning the “spare stud disk” from the original set into a proper quiver, and leaving the shoulder armour more empty like a proper bear trap. The antlers also look nice.

Also, I can’t quite figure out what’s going on at his head:

Is the black part a lower jaw, or just his neck?

It would be awesome to see other G2 characters in this style.

6 Likes

Ayy, thank you very, very much! I love that you appreciated all my little details

As for what’s going on with the head, the black is actually pretty much a gap just between those two grey bits, kinda like what’s going on with his abdomen. You can actually see his lower jaw just peaking out behind the lowermost green spikes on his mask

4 Likes

Yeah, that makes more sense.

Also, now that I look closer at the head, I like the way you stylized it to look like a deer skull.

4 Likes

Why thank you!

4 Likes

Art style is pretty much perfect for umarak, kinda wish the antlers were a little bit more random or curvy

4 Likes

Tried to base them off actual elk antlers

4 Likes

The way you drew the legs looks like the large CCBS shells from the start Wars ccobs sets.

2 Likes

Gotta work on those CCBS motifs : )

2 Likes