Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Surprised there wasn’t a thread for this yet.

Currently reviews for the game average at 94/100. Comes out May 10th. I’m buying this game. With cash. From my wallet. In my pocket. On my pants. That I’m wearing.

3 Likes

I was just about to make this, can’t wait, sad this will probably be the last game but excited to see what magic it has this time

Has a Crash reference.

GOTY. /s

Wasn’t thinking of getting the game. After I learned of the Crash reference, I’m probably going to get it

It’s Uncharted. Why would you not get it?

Love the previous games, so this is pretty much an insta-buy for me! May 10th can’t get here soon enough…

Actually, I worded it wrong… kind of. I was kind of 60% sure I was going to get Uncharted 4 (Before the easter egg). Now I’m about 90% I’m going to get it.

You would not believe how many idiots on Deviantart are pretentiuosly passing this game off as a “generic shooter”.

Then again, I don’t trust the judgement of people who only play overly dramatic JRPGs and FNAF.

I can’t wait for this. I’ve played the previous four (yes, the Vita game counts!) and am excited to see how the thief ends.

Please don’t die…
Please don’t die…
Please don’t die…
Please don’t die…
Please don’t die…

Everybody dies. The world ends. The sun explodes.

So, finished my first play though last night, so here’s my SPOILER FREE review.

Two Words: A. Masterpiece.
Uncharted 4 is a fantastic game. I was a tad worried that it wouldn’t live up to expectations since Amy Hening left production and was replaced by Neil and Bruce. After directing The Last of Us, one could fear that they would transfer the darkness of that game over to the traditionally light-hearted Uncharted. Some of the elements of The Last of Us do indeed show up in U4, but not any of the darkness of the story. Little things like collecting things in the world and listening to optional side conversations. These are elements that transfer over well, and add to the overall story. Speaking of the overall story: it’s great! This is possibly Nathan Drake’s greatest adventure, and my personal favorite, because there’s not any mythical stuff. The only things I didn’t like about Drake’s Fortune and Among Thieves was that there was a supernatural element tacked on to the story when I just wanted Nate to go after some pirate treasure or something. This is what finally happens! Pirate treasure! Basically everything pirate related from popular culture get’s some sort of reference, from Treasure Island to The Goonies (sadly no Pirates of the Caribbean reference). The gameplay is basically the same as the previous three, except it refines it to make it feel a bit tighter, and adds two new mechanics. This game lived up to my expectations and surpassed them.

10/10 would recommend.

1 Like

I’m never eager to dish out a perfect 10 to a game. That would imply it’s completely flawless, or that any issues it has are nitpicks.

So far, I’d give it a 9.2. The basics such as story, graphics, characters, etc. are all as great as ever, but it does have it’s few issues. Occasionally, it’ll put you in a spot without enough conveyance to explain where the game wants you to go or what it expects of you.

My main gripe however, is the cutscenes. Make no mistake, I have no problems with cutscenes and of course they are quite pretty to look at here. The first Uncharted kept em simple. 2 had maybe 2 or 3 cutscenes that were a little long. 3 had a few more but it wasn’t a biggie. The Last of Us had a small handful of cutscenes that did drag on for a noticeable while but nothing majorly irritating.

Uncharted 4 has a TON of cutscenes that last sometimes up to 5 minutes. This bothers me.

But those are the only things I can really complain about. this game Is a must have for the ps4.

I was kinda hoping Nate would say something to Elena like “You’re the best treasure I’ve stumbled upon” or some other cute treasure line like that.

1 Like