Unconventional Idea to bring back old Lego themes

Everyone has ideas for how to bring back old themes like Bionicle, classic space, classic castle, chima, exo force, etc. Well I have a rather unconventional idea: bring them all back as one theme! A new lego theme dedicated to creating new sets for old themes! It would probably be called something like Lego Revive, and each wave would have brand new sets for old themes in each wave. So a spaceship here, a castle for the castle fans, a chima battlepack there; it would satisfy everyones wants without costing lego the money for full revivals. Well what do you think!

7 Likes

This might just actually work!

1 Like

Would be a helluva lot more interesting than the Ninjago re-releases of late. It’s a neat concept that no one theme should get. Would also be a way to cater to hardcore AFOLs. The main obstacle is remaking sets without new molds–which makes all Bionicle outside of playsets downright impossible.

1 Like

I’ve already seen similar ideas around the community. One of them was a Time Travel theme in witch the characters in it travel across different LEGO themes set in different times.
There is certainly potential with ideas like this, and I think it might be worth it trying to submit such an idea to the new LEGO World Builder platform.

I’m imagining it basically being the same concept as ninjago legacy and the star wars 20th anniversary line but extended to all of LEGO’s original themes. Updated versions of retired sets for the older fans and the kids that missed out on them the first time.

so basically a time cruisers reboot?

1 Like

Yeah, but as a fully-blown theme instead of a “scarp parts” line like the original Time Cruisers theme was.

I was thinking less of revamps of old sets and more of brand new sets for old themes. For example a castle set would introduce a brand new faction of knights.

1 Like

I have been thinking about this subject quite a bit. With this most recent wave of creator sets calling back to older themes, space and pirates, I wonder why they didn’t try something similar with the 4+ line. For example, I think they should try and reboot a series like rock raiders in the 4+ line, because the 4+ line is composed of large, simple baseplates and frames, much like the build design of rock raiders or jack stone. I wish they would do a little bit more experimentation with stuff like that.

3 Likes

As nostalgic as I am for those themes, I think that condensing them all into one theme would result in a theme that’s really overstuffed.