Undertale

Well it was still kinda rude.

that was the most boards-appropriate way i could put it
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Then I donā€™t think you really should have said it in the first place.

just sharing my opinion pally-o.

1 Like

still waitin on da sequel/prequel

1 Like

whatā€™s so great about this game? iā€™ve played it and itā€™s nothing special

1 Like

As a meme, I agree itā€™s staler than Harambeā€™s ghost, but as a game I still think itā€™s enjoyable.

Itā€™s just his opinion. Thereā€™s no need to be upset, just disagree and move on I say.

The graphics arenā€™t very good, and the gameplay is nothing special, but what I like about it the most is the music and story/characters.

3 Likes

How exactly do you function. Iā€™m not upset that you donā€™t like it. I just canā€™t possibly understand how you can call a game like Undertale, ā€œNothing specialā€. You could hate it for all I care. But its like calling The Stanley Parable ā€œBoringā€ or ā€œAverageā€. How many times have you played it exactly?

1 Like

if you could explain why itā€™s great that would be fine

iā€™ve played all three paths but i havenā€™t defeated sans

itā€™s not really my type of music

i never really saw whatā€™s so great about the story

3 Likes

It shouldnā€™t take multiple plays for a game considered ā€œspecialā€ to catch someoneā€™s interest. If they need to play it numerous times, that should be a red flag that they probably wonā€™t find it interesting.

Personally, Iā€™ve never found the game very interesting. I know it covers a certain niche of older graphics games, but the story and gameplay never seemed very special to me.

3 Likes

I love how young so much of this games audience is. All of that Earthbound (And other games of that era) nostalgia must really hit themā€¦

1 Like

I canā€™t quite cuz Iā€™m on mobile now but if I could Iā€™d just put a ^

1 Like

I find nothing about Undertale special or worthwhile in the slightest, and while much of that is certainly personal taste (I am a Halo guy, RPGā€™s donā€™t suit me more often then not) And I just think the entire thing is amazingly overblown. The music is memorable, sure, but not in a good way. My younger brother enjoys blaring the soundtrack as loud as possible, and instead of rocking out it makes me want to go back in time and snap Toby Foxā€™s fingers off his hands.

The whole thing just feels like Toby Fox was really aiming to snag the Fnaf fans and people like them, that group of fad-following kids who donā€™t seem to know better. He seems to have carefully designed the game to capture popularity and have a lasting fanbase, like the whole thing was made by reading off a chart and just launching whatever he ends up with.

Donā€™t even get me started on the stupidity of Monsters and determination.

3 Likes

???

Why would he want those kinds of people? Any normal person would aim for a respectable fanbase which he totally failed at lmao

5 Likes

Because they are the swarm of children who just hop from trend to trend, without enough self awareness to actually realize what they are doingā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s clear that that wasnā€™t his intention. Because fanbases with kids like that are the pinnacle of ā€œgarbage cesspoolsā€. So yeah.

4 Likes

Ehh. I dunno, of course he would say that after the fact, maybe after realizing just how bad the fanbase had become.

ā€¦The tweet is from 3 days after the game was released, when the fanbase wasnā€™t yet complete cancer. I actually thought it was pretty respectable at first.

I donā€™t get why people always have to look at the ā€œfanbaseā€ and not just like or dislike something for what it is.

Why do you even freaking care.

######maybe itā€™s just the fact that I donā€™t know any fanbase other than Bionicle, but still, why care about what others do?

Because if you enjoy something with a bad fanbase, youā€™ll get lumped into the bad part of it.

I would also hate associating myself with people like that. You have no idea just how bad it can get.