Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

Ninjago was good in the first ~5 years. They just kept making their world bigger and bigger and there was no way to cutoff, and now its just really bland.

Cool colors and pieces, though.

5 Likes

I agree, ninjago was good for -5 years

wait is that not what you said

3 Likes

Doesn’t it suck that Makuta can wear kanohi that enhance their natural abilities but when toa do it, it’s useless?
A toa of fire can wear a mask of fire but what’s the point if it doesn’t even enhance preexisting fire abilities? It’s just there taking up space when the toa can just shoot fire with a different mask. At best, an elemental mask can be used by someone of a different or no element but the powers are only basic.
Meanwhile, Makuta can wear masks based on their rahkshi powers but they’re actually enhanced. Vamprah wearing an avatar seems redundant at first but the avsa allows him to drain even more types of energy then he would as a regular makuta.

Says the guy whose profile lists Bionicle and Ninjago as his favorite Lego themes

Eh, what I can I say, opinions sometimes change over time.

Stepping on Legos can feel good now because the pain is simply nostalgic

7 Likes

“step on lego” jokes were never funny

10 Likes

Glad I am not the only one who thought that way. “Stepping on LEGO” was like one of the only meme templates about LEGO, and I never found it particularly funny.

1 Like

Magnetism shouldn’t be a toa element.

It would work much better as a special power for a Dark hunter or OOMN member or something.

2 Likes

lego has worse figures than mega blocks. specifically mean compare the halo ones to minifigs

1 Like

Anyone remember Mega Bloks Dragons?

3 Likes

I remember I had several half dragons from various garage sales but never a full one

1 Like

I mean…there was that one Lego Rewind episode…

2 Likes

My time has come.

1. The brown sets were great
  2. Keetorange is a good color
  3. I prefer the Makuta as a species rather than a singular, unexplained force of chaos
  4. Inika builds don’t deserve the hate they get
  5. Metru builds aren’t that great
  6. There was absolutely no reason for the Turaga of Mata Nui to hide the existence of Metru Nui from the Matoran
  7. Making love non-canon in a story that had almost no romance to begin with was just superfluous
  8. Vakama was a better choice for the Hordika arc than Matau would have been
  9. I unironically like the Piraka Rap
  10. The Piraka deserved better
  11. Tren Krom was a great character
  12. I really disliked the Great Spirit Robot reveal and I think there definitely should have been more buildup to that
  13. As an audience, we really had no reason to care about Spherus Magna - at least, not while the Matoran Universe was in such peril
  14. Making the MU 100,000 years old was really overdoing it
  15. The Great Beings’ origins should not have been revealed
13 Likes

A agree with pretty much all of these…

Except this one, I strongly disapprove of this one

3 Likes

I mostly agree with most of these, except these two.

from a character design perspective, like in proportionality and stuff, Metru builds are just … superior, to me.

5 Likes

I mean they’re definitely overhyped, but like Winger said, proportion-wise they are king.

Now a custom torso that matches the proportions will, of course, always be infinitely superior to the stock model, but- oh no, my hagah argument flashbacks are kicking up aah save yourself

9 Likes

Can’t disagree with that. Although, when it comes to customisability and availability, the Inika builds win, I think…

But this comes from me, someone who doesn’t use stock builds in MOCs anymore, so I guess I’m not the one to judge

5 Likes

Okotans should have triple jointed legs

3 Likes

wait what do you mean