Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

but like….

look at it

4 Likes

yeah 2016 was a weak year. not sure if that opinion is unpopular or not, (it probably isn’t) so here’s another one.

Makuta 2003 was a good set. I’m seeing a lot of reiteration that his set was trash, and the movie version was entirely superior, so I’ll add this: Makuta 2003 was a good set and movie Makuta is hot trash like a dumpster fire.

7 Likes

I think both Makuta versions are great, appearance-wise

Both designs have pros and cons in my opinion

1 Like

I like how the 2003 makuta set looks
but I hate the bad articulation in the legs and also the frictionless torso swivel

4 Likes

I like the Bionicle Hero’s ds ost, no idea if this is an unpopular idea or not because I’ve never heard people talk about game

5 Likes

Avak’s dynamo is a freaking BOP

2 Likes

The Kanohi Nuva are butt ugly

Like I see why people back in the day saw leaks and thought they may be evil Toa.

2 Likes

The DS OST is such a banger. Heroes DS is vastly underrated.

The main issue with the Kanohi Nuva, I think, is that they’re not really meant for the Mata body. They’re too large, and too melty.

2 Likes

$645 million, according to Wikipedia.

not unpopular

1 Like

A lot of people go on about 2001 to 2003 being flawless and many collect the Nuva Masks so I figured my opinion might be unpopular but maybe it isn’t.

1 Like

I like the nuva masks, they just look too big on the Nuva themselves

I do like/defend the Nuva and their masks, but… having recently gotten Gali Nuva for the first time, I simply cannot stop looking at her like she has a little pig nose because of those nostril things she has.

6 Likes

Almost has more features in common with a Hau than a Kaukau?? Yeah they just are so oversized and jarring aesthetically. Shame that we had those and then the Inika, two years of potential good masks wasted.

4 Likes

I like the Inika masks, they’re so nostalgic for me

It does suck that they use a completely different head system to every other year and are not only incompatible with all other masks but their masks are incompatible with all other heads

At least the stud-connection masks fit on the Metru head

7 Likes

Fair enough, the dark aesthetic was sadly what stopped my parents from buying me Bionicle back then. I think the base shapes and motifs are good, but the teeth and rubber material can be agreed upon as weak features.

2 Likes

If the mask of Charisma is the adaptive hau with fins then we should get complementary powers for the other mistika masks.

2 Likes

-I like the Bohrok Kal a lot, more than the Bohrok, I think their colors are really vibrant and overall stand out more. I will say that I also like the Bohrok a lot, and Tahnok especially I like just as much as the Bohrok Kal, and even more than most of them. But overall, I like the Kal better.
-These combined with the Rahkshi, which I also love, makes 2003 one of my favorite Bionicle years.
-Bionicle The Game (2003) is what I wish Bionicle games would try to build from. It’s a rough game, but I think it nails the vibe of Bionicle more than other Bionicle video games. It has lots of colorful environments, and emphasizes movement with double jumping, and has lots of platforming moments. This is how I see the Bionicle universe, with lots of vibrant/colorful environments and Toa having lots of acrobatic movements. Basically, I’d rather have the emphasis be on platforming than combat.
-I think the Toa Mahri are pretty awkward and clunky looking, especially with all the focus on the cordak blasters which look so big they’re ridiculous imo.
-If Bionicle comes back again, I don’t want it to have the same group of Toa, the same Great Spirit, the same Makuta. That approach just seems stale to me. I’d rather keep things new/fresh, with new characters, a new villain, etc.
-Icarax is my favorite titan set tbh, I just really like the color combo and his overall build looks really cool to me. And my favorite set in general is Vorahk.

4 Likes

I actually agree with some of those
not the Toa Mahri one but some of them

Honestly I do kind of like Hahli, Nuparu, Jaller, and Matoro. I think the Cordak blasters are the big thing that kind of throw me off

I’m also wondering what it would have been like if the Mahri were based off sea animals, like the Barraki.

1 Like