Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

Like Wairuha’s shield hand. Different pieces, but same principle from the axle through the socket

1 Like

Oh ok.

Why all the sudden love for Chima? Is it because Monkey King is an anthropomorphic monkey? Does he originate from the land of chima?

4 Likes

I can’t speak for everyone, but for me I really loved the world of all things. It was interesting to see all of the tribes interact with each other, the area expanding to places like the outlands, and the general scenery of Chima, with it’s lush forests, rock temples, and most of all, Mount Kavora. Chima had so much going on for it, but it was the first main example of Ninjago overshadowing another theme, eventually killing it.

8 Likes

What you described to me sounds a lot like early bionicle. As someone who only knows chima through the sets, ninjago and chima seem to be indistinguishable from one another. It’s the same way I feel about star wars and galidor. They’re exactly the same with minor aesthetic details changed.

2 Likes

This is why a lot of people don’t agree. The sets, while interesting, are nothing new except for the speedors, but everything is so much different, and I would say better.

2 Likes

Yeah the speedorz are a chima thing, but ninjago had spinners. I wouldn’t necessarily call one theme “better” than the other because they are so similar. Maybe it’s because I have no nostalgia for them that my view is different.

2 Likes

I felt the same way. The world of Chima just seemed so lush and vibrant and all the characters being anthro animals was a nice change of pace.

3 Likes

Well I mean clearly

/s

3 Likes

actually it’s spelled with a c

1 Like

TBH I think the Chima character designs are really ugly, with their weird sunken eyes and unsettling preformed head pieces

6 Likes

Yeah their heads are as big as their torsos, that looks super weird.

wait

2 Likes

look my head isn’t that big okay jeez

/s

4 Likes

I mean that’s kindof just something you gotta accept as a given for basically any minifigure that doesn’t use a standard head.

3 Likes

I’ve always liked it, I like animals a lot so the animal theme appealed to me

1 Like

Legends of Chima is actually kind of up there with Bionicle in terms of the quality of the world building. Too bad the show itself failed to emphasize that, like Bionicle did.

I mean, just look at this, and don’t tell me it doesn’t give you early Bionicle vibes:

The worst part is… Ninjago’s world building was basically non-existent compared to this.

4 Likes

Yeah. I remember when it first came out, everyone on the Lego Message Boards HATED it, and I couldn’t fathom why. Chima felt so fresh, and it had so much soul put into it. It’s too bad it got cancelled as soon as it did.

4 Likes

I talked to a person who was on the message boards at the time once. The Chima hate was apparently a combination of hate towards furries and ninjago fans who were angry over ninjagos cancellation.

6 Likes

They really could’ve just waited like 2 years
then they’d get all the Ninjago they would ever want

5 Likes

But at the time, Ninjago was supposed to end in 2013, so…

3 Likes