Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

Still, I just remembered that

Star Wars the Last Jedi is actually a pretty good movie

1 Like

23 posts were merged into an existing topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Moved the Last Jedi discussion to the Last Jedi topic. If you feel that you must vent your positive or negative feelings about said film, do so there.

When it comes to discussing or debating certain topics here, minimal discussion can take place if a topic for the discussion already exists. If there isn’t a topic for something being discussed like… um… “Loony Toons is far superior to Disney Animation from the same era”, then it can stay here, unless the entire topic is consumed and regular conversation ceases to happen. In which case, a new topic will be created.

Remember to be respectful to other users, even if you don’t agree with their viewpoints. You may proceed.

-Prentice1215

4 Likes

Finally, I was waiting for something like this. Things were getting a little uncivil.
By the way, I’m not singling anyone out, this is a general statement.

1 Like

Should I expand the topic to include books, or leave that for a different topic?

• Expand
  • Leave it be

0 voters

2 Likes

I just re-watched Frozen, and I have to say again, it’s a pretty darn good movie with a good message. The only reason you might dislike it is because too much of it is used to commercialize. The movie itself is great, but it’s just a little to overrated (like most of the other Disney movies, actually…)

2 Likes

I didn’t care for it because I found a lot of the music obnoxious (though that was after I watched it), and I’m also tired of the whole “love is the key” moral.

3 Likes

Yeah that is annoying. They need to do a movie where the rough life rly does get to the princess and she has to recover

2 Likes

Also, Hans as a twist Villain was just dumb. There were no hints beforehand, it’s just like: “Hey, kids, this guys the Villain now!”

3 Likes

This is probably one of my most unpopular opinions, but:

I didn’t like Ghostbusters.

I just watched the original movie for the first time and didn’t like it. The plot doesn’t make any sense to me at all, and I didn’t get any of the jokes. This movie is a comedy that didn’t make me laugh at all. The effects are poor, even for it’s time. Really, other 80’s movies have way better effects. I watched this movie expecting to like it as much as Back to the Future, but, I was very disappointed. You can criticize me, but this movie is not my thing. The only thing I actually liked about this movie was the theme song, and that is pretty much it. I don’t hate this movie, but I don’t like it either.

1 Like

IT’S THE STAY PUFT MARSHMALLOW MAN

1 Like

And what’s with that?

If you didn’t laugh at the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, at least on the inside, then I guess you must really hate marshmallows or something, there’re very few reasonable explanations. (That’s a joke, by the way)

2 Likes

The Marshmallow Man was a funny concept, but the rest of the movie already drove me away, and I didn’t laugh even when everyone is covered in Marshmallow after the explosion. I admit that the scenes were funny, but all that End of The Word ghost ritual didn’t make any sense to me… and I didn’t like this movie because of this. Also, it happened way to fast. The whole movie is not even two hours, which is kinda insufficient for such a complicated story…

Though the movie gives off a good message, personally it came off kinda boring and didn’t really have an identity imo. It has rather good animation and the humor is surprisingly good but everything else in the story kinda falls flat in it’s pacing (mainly the final reveal that is meant for young kids to be surprised at) and the plot that honestly half doesn’t know what to do with itself at times (mainly with those weird trolls, they were the cute smol people of the movie meant to sell toys). Overall I wouldn’t say it’s either bad or good. It’s just bland like potato water.

A movie being overrated shouldn’t really effect your opinion on it imo.

1 Like

I wish they had kept closer to the book for Frozen

The movie was inspired by the “Snow Queen” book by Hans Christian Andersen, but it wasn’t a straight up book adaptation with modifications like for example The Little Mermaid, also by H. Ch. Andersen. Since this was not supposed to by an adaptation but rather a original story with little inspiration, It’s acceptable in my opinion.

1 Like

I believe he’s saying that the movie would have been more interesting if it had taken more plot elements from the original story; less a matter of being true to the original and more about making the movie more interesting (and a bit darker, if I’m remembering the original correctly). Might be wrong about that, though.

1 Like

Elsa should have stayed evil

2 Likes