Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

No, wait. Captain Marvel actually had a Malekith. He was blonde and genderswapped.

3 Likes

Even as a fan of Avatar the Last Airbender, I don’t hate the Last Airbender movie.

It’s certainly not a good movie or adaption by any means, but I nonetheless had fun riffing off of and making fun of it, which leads into my next hot take-

I kinda wish I could see what the rest of the show adapted by M. Night Shyamalan would have been like, just to see how laughably bad it would be.

3 Likes

I like the Dark World. I see it’s flaws, but I think that it was made retroactively better by other movies like Ragnarok and Endgame. I see it’s flaws, but I still quite enjoy it. It can be a little boring at times, but it at least does not infuriates me like Captain Marvel.

2 Likes

I saw both movies within a very short time span of one another, and I must say Captain Marvel is more entertaining than the Dark World. Carol Danvers herself? Meh. Literally everybody else in that movie (other than Yon-Rogg)? :+1:.

1 Like

Really can’t see how.

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Which to be fair is a stupid book but it’s actually great because it runs with it, that’s the key to success, gonna switch to a relevant topic tho so this reply doesn’t get moved,

Personally I don’t think their should be a successive “Iron - XXXXX”.

Wow, yeah that is an unpopular opinion,[quote=“ToaJaton, post:575, topic:44421”]
I kinda wish I could see what the rest of the show adapted by M. Night Shyamalan would have been like, just to see how laughably bad it would be.
[/quote]

That splits me because on one hand, look how they massacred my boy but on the other, sometimes watching a fire burn can be great.

1 Like

There’s not enough clean Anime, and that Netflix has no clue how to rate things anymore.

1 Like

I love that book

Which is okay, because I’m a stupid person. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, here’s one:

I feel that Spider-Man 2 is entirely overrated. I don’t have the nostalgia for it that most do, and I honestly don’t really care for Maguire.

Doc Oc is celebrated as being potentially Parker’s greatest film menace, but I really don’t see him as all that spectacular. He’s definitely the best in the trilogy, but I feel he pales in comparison to Vulture and Mysterio, who are hands down my favorite villains to appear in a superhero movie.

1 Like

Dude same, it takes something that sounds dumb but it runs with it and makes it great, but that’s a book topic so maybe ■■■■■ it over there?

1 Like

Sure there is, like Pokemon, and… Uh… Pokemon

2 Likes

Pretty much. and Glitter Force (my sister likes it. I casually observe).

I started High-Score Girl and it was really good, until episode three. Then it spiraled downhill. Though I still hold that it might have been cleaner in English then in Japanese dubs.

Madoka Magicka is also pretty safe

I don’t know that one? Can you give me a synopsis?

It’s like glitterforce

By that do you mean just a girlified Power Rangers?

Yeah.

I’d suggest Astra: Lost in Space. It’s a pretty new show on the block, but I’ve seen the first 3 eps. It’s basically about a group of peeps that get lost in space and find a ship called Astra, an older ship with practically nothing on it, so they need to work together in order to survive.

I feel that only works for a portion of Madoka. If I remember correctly some of it is really dark.

Is it on Netflix?

Yes, it is