yeah, i made this.
materials
-EVA foam
-acrylic paint
-time
-annoyance

32 Likes

It looks pretty good.

Might be a little small for the figure though…

2 Likes

Oh it is, you should see it when I try to stand an elite in it

1 Like

It’s interesting, but the blue and red don’t really resemble alien blood (I’d trying using a sponge-like material to apply it like that, keep in mind blood doesn’t just blend, it’s pretty thick) and some of it seems very out of scale. It looks kinda abstract with some of the shaping of the building itself, like very dirty and ruined in some parts yet very clean in others.

Also, try to use cut the nubs off of that Mega Bloks canister, it really distracts.

2 Likes

I think that might be a plasma burn type thing…

1 Like

I’m referring to the random blue on areas like the curved grey surface on the far right. If that’s what it’s referring to, it should probably be much darker and have scorch marks around it.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m still getting used to cutting straight lines in foam, so the building design was kinda meh. The blue and red are the only colors I currently have that resemble blood
(I’m currently out of funds)

1 Like

For cutting, try using a metal ruler or something to guide the knife.

Also, the colors aren’t any issue at all, just try to apply them in a way that’s a bit more natural (blood is more likely to be splattered than smeared).

1 Like

Looking good! It’s awesome to see a custom action figure Halo display like this! That bright orange Elite helmet sticks out a bit too much though. It seems too clean amid all of the other worn, dirty elements.

Also, what might this thing be?

Edited title -legomaster

2 Likes

the halo reach jorges chain gun (w/ broken handle for special measure)

oh geez, I completely forgot that was there when I took the photos :confounded:

1 Like

Ah, okay. I just didn’t recognize it from that angle.

It works fairly well as a kind of trophy. I just think it could use some weathering and some scuffing/damage (if you’re into that sort of thing).

1 Like

Dang, That’s awesome!

1 Like

This is pretty impressive, although I don’t know much about Halo.