(Update 05/20/22 re-revamped Spinax!) Maxilos/Teridax and Spinax MOC

Maxilos/Teridax is complete! I truly hope everyone likes him, I have been working on this for some time now. Maxilos or Teridax is 11.4" tall, the legs being a completely different frame in the thighs and the articulation is not limited in any way and works just like the original. Including the waist articulation, the internal shoulders and hands have been redesigned for better range and the hands now have 4 fingers that are articulated, he can actually hold his sword and the chain now and have given him added armor and filled in spots I thought necessary and changed the color scheme around a bit. Spinax has been updated as well, I decided to give him digitigrade legs in the back to reflect his Hound like nature and changed his mouth construction and arms/legs and added armor and changed the tail. Let me know your thoughts!

34 Likes

Very nice! Though the shoulder armour(Levahk-kal shields) seems like it would restrict articulation though…

1 Like

woah this moc is an absolute unit, nice job
He looks quite intimidating and the Spinax is pretty good too.

1 Like

Thank you! He still gets 360° arm movement with them on, I left them because they were part of the original set armor.

4 Likes

wow. Compliments to the builder. This is great, nice job.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Once I had the parts it took me a few days to finally finish him but he is finally done!

ooooo very cool - this looks amazing

1 Like

Thank you so much!! It took quite a while to build, it looks like the original set from a distance but alot of internal workings have been completely redesigned.

wow this one looks great! love how solid he looks, nice to see spinax with some more canine like legs

1 Like

Thank you my friend! It was making him more sturdy that set me on the path to doing this one, as the original set is kind of floppy and flimsy with the joints and I really figured I could improve that and it actually worked out great.

1 Like

But can Spinax close his mouth?

1 Like

He can indeed! It closes all the way like before and causes the same overlap of the bottom jaw over the top.

2 Likes

I’m not really sold on Spinax’s somewhat contracted aesthetic, but Maxilos looks amazing. He’s definitely the original set cranked up to eleven. For some reason my favorite part is the CCBS shell over the back of the neck–it just goes really well with the rest. Nice work!

3 Likes

Thank you! Yeah I really just was thinking I think he could use some kind of armor back there to fill in the huge gap. With Spinax it wasn’t that I actually wanted to go that route, I was in truth just missing most of his parts, the mouth piece and the leg parts and even the back blade hahaha, so I did what I could aesthetically, but I might just re attempt the legs with a more G1 style tonight. Update! I finished it tonight as I said I would and uploaded photos of version 2 or spinax.

1 Like

Woah, that’s so cool! Love your Maxilos. Looks ready to go after the Ignika

1 Like

Thank you so much! I always loved the original set, I just thought some updates were in order to bring out it’s strong points.

Wow, I like the new Spinax much better. Excellent work! You’ve really got a knack for this revamping thing.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it. I try haha.

2 Likes

There’s Much more into this set then there was. It looks more robotic now and with less gaps makes it look better.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes