Upgraded Makuta Spiriah [Revamp]

This is something I wanted to do since 2008. I still remember watching a youtube video featuring Spiriah’s instructions with the Neodammerung from Matrix 3 playing. And I remember being so captivated by his appearance but also disappointed. Since I missed my chance of buying all the sets to make him I kept thinking of ways to keep his main appearance while improving the combiner using only parts included in the original 4 sets. And as more BIONICLE parts kept being added to Stud.io, the dream became a reality.

Here’s a list of the features/upgrades:

• Inverted the av-Matoran legs and the double socket joints so that his elbows are now properly articulated and can also swivel.
  • Preserved the wide hips while reinforcing them with extra joints to better support all the weight.
  • Completely redesigned claw so that now it features fully articulated fingers while still resembling the original combiner’s claw.
  • The wings are no longer attached to the back of the arms. Instead, they have their own articulation and are connected to an av-matoran body, which is now part of Spiriah and no longer a non-canon shadow matoran.
  • The cannon now features blades that make it similar to Revenge of the Fallen Megatron’s cannon.
  • Longer and more articulated tail.

The final result is a Makuta Spiriah that is better articulated, more stable, better armed, while keeping his iconic Spiriah look.
And as a bonus, you can still make the shadow matoran out of spare parts!

21 Likes

Looks great! He’s still got those wide birthing hips, but I think you did pretty good job with the available parts. He definitely looks way better than what we got in canon.

5 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, I tried to keep as many traits of the og Spiriah as possible and the wide hips were one of them. Idk why I liked them, maybe because Miramax Makuta has them too.

4 Likes

wow this is definitely an upgrade, so this is just made with adding the left over parts?

4 Likes

Thanks! Yes, all the parts used should be included in the 4 original sets.

4 Likes

very epic

4 Likes