Username Discussion Topic

Weird, I guess I never officially explained my username here. This username is a holdover from my Lego.com days, an account of which I still use and is so old it couldn’t apply for Lego ShopatHome VIP program.

Back in ye olden days, while my father always had his own computer, the rest of us would have to share a singular desktop PC. I would take turns with my three other siblings, but my brother and I used it the most. Didn’t have any consoles yet, except maybe a Nintendo handled, so website games were our main video game entertainment. As such, we spent a lot of time as sites like NeoPets, Hot Wheels, and Lego to play all their games.

Eventually, we got tired of losing our high scores or wanted saved progress and wanted an account on Lego.com. We tried individual accounts, I think my account name attempts then involved frogs/frogger/legofrog, something like that, but we kept forgetting either our usernames and/or passwords. So to make it easy, my brother and I would create one shared account. That way, with out memory powers combined, we could remember the username/password and eliminate the need to constantly swap accounts when playing.

Thus the name ajtazt came to be. It’s an acronym, with the initials for my younger brother first (AJT) and my initials second (AZT). If you ever wonder why I might occasionally introduce myself as the AZT of ajtazt, that’s why. We where a duo…but AJT ended up mostly abandoning the account (we have different tales as to why), but it was around the time Lego Universe ended.

AJT would use the account on occasion to enter in official Lego contests, but his last one was for the double-decker contest for The LEGO Movie in 2014. All his other postings were sparse otherwise and became reluctant to share his creations online. I continued to share, participate in fan contests, and eventually found my way onto the Lego Message Boards in 2010. Of which only two of all the posts made on the LMBs weren’t mine and belonged to my brother, chatting about the Lego City comic maker.

So despite AJT’s lesser use of it, I later felt the unnecessary need to clarify that I, the AZT portion, was the main one everyone knew. And when moving around to different sites, as it was clear that Lego was pulling the plug on their main website, plus the main Bionicle RP group moving to form its own site, I eventually created an account here. I could have went with a new name, as I had done on Wikia, Slack, Discord, the new RP site, etc., which was taking the then name of my Self-MOC, The Lego Roleplayer, but I didn’t when joining here. Primarily due to the number of other LMB users coming here, and the General Gallery still being up, it made more sense to keep the “ajtazt” name. It was more recognizable to those outside the close friend group and less chance of people claiming I stole my own MOCs when reposting them here.

Oh and if you’re wondering how to pronounce it, you say each letter individually. A-J-T-A-Z-T. I have heard only one, maybe two, people on the entire internet realize that was the best way to negotiate pronouncing this username. Most try saying it like it’s one word rather than initials, which often boggles my mind.

7 Likes

My brain-voice just pronounced it “ayja-taztee” and never looked back

Here is the origin of my name, it’s a little verbose so I’ve hidden it in a detail bracket

Summary

Wekua was a character I made up as a kid

6 Likes

I’ve always said ahzh-tahz (treating the second t as silent)

4 Likes

My username, ‘Minethuselah,’ was actually not what I went by for the longest time. Before about 2019, I went by ‘Penguindude’ followed by a number, usually my birth year, current year, or another four digit number. Then, when I created my Minecraft account (originally ‘Penguindude2018,’), 2019 hit and my account was instantly outdated. I went to change my username, and, because I was really big on ancient history, decided to make my name a historical play on words. With help from my mother, I decided to use the name Methuselah but make it better fit Minecraft. And so, Minethuselah was created.

6 Likes

I’ve heard both, though Willess’ version I’ve heard more often.

Hence the move elsewhere to TheLegoRoleplayer (TLR, this definitely doesn’t cause confusion among Bionicle fans or confusion with the other TLRs in the fandom, I don’t know what you’re talking about) or The Eidolon Actor (Aw yeah, it’s TEA time. Wait, I hate tea).

4 Likes

Until now I pronounced it Adge-tazzit

(Interesting history lesson!)

6 Likes

I did that as well only without the i

4 Likes

I pronounced it “adge-atze” because I misread the first time I saw the username

4 Likes

Back when I was young, I got the username “allybear” because I was also called that nickname by my mom (sometimes). When she signed me up for Gmail, I don’t think allybear was even available, so she chose “allybear254” instead.

2 Likes

The “Dreamer” antecedent comes from a nickname people close to Me used to describe My personality. It derives from the Hungarian equivalent of the term: “Day-dreamer” (The Hungarian version translated would mean. “Ever-dreamer”).

It’s a big part of my personality and identity because I have autism spectrum disorder, which often shows in my behavior, as I tend to get lost in my fantasies and thoughts.

The number 97 is a reference to the year I was born.

7 Likes

Was that the dream of '97?!

8 Likes

Probably.

1 Like