Using Autodesk SketchBook for the first time (New Drawing!)

So I was looking for some apps to download when I found Autodesk SketchBook for free. A drawing app. FOR. FREE. So I immediately download it and played around with it. Here are the results:
Myself of course

Random skull

And @Mesonak because why not? Keep in mind that I did the face out of memory, so it looks kinda weird. It’ll take some time before I master it, but I’m glad that I found this app because now I can finally work on things that I had on the burner, especially
this idea I had in mind for a video. I won’t say what it is but I’ll give you a hint: it has to do with flying brown insects . . .
Anyways, take care! :laughing:

21 Likes

The skull reminds me of Grim from Billy and Mandy

2 Likes

You mean Beelzebug?

2 Likes

Oooh! You’ve actually found what I use for any digital art, good sir!

The one with the “S” or the pencil?

1 Like

Pencil

1 Like

Huh! I actually prefer the S!

It’s a different format. You should try it! :smiley:

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s that one Undertale guy’s head. But maybe I’m wrong.

Papyrus, you mean?

1 Like

How do you like it so far? It’s pretty good especially for mobile, I only wish they had a paint bucket tool for it.

3 Likes

Not bad. It works well on my phone, but I wish I had a table that way it’s much easier for me to draw. Really wish I had money to buy the additional stuff to improve the quality of my drawings.

Minor update:
After playing around with the app at school, I’m starting to get the hang of this.

Rough sketch

Outline

Color

Shading

And no, it’s not papyrus (though, I’ll admit that the torsos looks the same, but I digress). I’m already in love with the is app. I like how the drawing looks. I can’t wait to see what other work I can do with this. Until then, take care!

6 Likes

Oh ya, the tablet version is great.

2 Likes

Cool drawings! You seem to be getting the hang of of Sketchbook pretty quickly. I’ve been using it for a while; love the simplicity of it, yet it’s a pretty powerful tool.

2 Likes

oh i use that app ill post some of my results if you want

1 Like

Do you mind giving me specifics on SketchBook? The whole “online drawing” thing is fairly new to me. Do you have to pay for it? How much space do you need? Are there only certain computers that can use it? Do you draw with a mouse? And anything else you might think would be useful. Thanks!

1 Like

PRICE: Free for standard (4.99 for Pro version)
SIZE: 47.45 MB
DESCRIPTION: handfull of drawing utensils, all colors with light or dark, up to three layers, and it’s for phone/tablets. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you get a stylus, one made for touch screens. The lowest price for one is under $5.

1 Like

Thanks again!

1 Like

Shure!

Ok!

Scenery for a project

Keep in mind my tablet doesn’t work with stylus’s so this is all done with my fingers

3 Likes