Using MS Paint to digitally make my doodles (Screw it, I'm using Paint.net!) and drawing dump of sorts

Hey everyone, I’ve had this habit? hobby? of doing random doodles and I have wanted to remake them digitally so I could make them look, well, better and more like how I wanted them to turn out in my mind. If you guys have helpful tips, tricks and advice, please let me know. A particular trick I want to learn is how to layer stuff in Paint so I can, basically, trace over my stuff from real life and draw it on my computer so i can mess with it a bit to give it that extra bit of life. Can’t wait to hear from you guys!

3 Likes

Well, f was rest of all, do you have a drawing tablet?

Nope, just the classic mouse and laptop and a few pictures.

I’ll just use Paint.net

Don’t bother with MS paint. It doesn’t have layers and is honestly only used ironically at this point.

I’d recommend getting GIMP and using that- it’s basically free Photoshop.

I actually gave up and decided to try using Paint.net and so far, it is working amazingly.

Use Fire Alpaca. It’s free and really good

Here’s my first transition (Needs to be colored) in digital:

Here’s the original, hand drawn image:

Here’s it colored:

Thoughts?

5 Likes

I know this deviates from your original drawing, but seeing the circle filled in like a stained-glass window would be really cool.

1 Like

Well, funny you should say stained-glass, @jayzor17. I am working on a little Station of Awakening for my Self-MOC. Here’s what I have so far:

I plan to have Blaze (My Self-MOC) wear a gold MoUP and holding my own Keyblade: Hypernova:

When that mask arrives and how I am gonna get it is still unknown.

3 Likes

I never understood those “key blade” things, it’s just stupid, and useless unless you have a huge lock to open on which the key fits in

the drawings are nice tho

2 Likes

It’d probably make a good bludgeoning tool though

2 Likes

All you need now is Donald and Goofy.

1 Like

Heck yeah!

@BrokenAxels Echo and LTV.

That makes sense.

1 Like

oh noes :laughing:

i think echod be jack skellengton tho/s

wait, where would kumu and belial fit in…

2 Likes

What I did for my digital version is that I traced over a picture of the original hand-drawn picture on a different layer and worked on it from there. That’s how I plan to do this sort of thing so I can become more familiar with the Paint.net drawing program but to also to have a way of making my own drawings that much better.

Also, that sounds like it could be fun to draw up, I just want to become more comfortable using Paint.net before I even consider doing stuff akin to commissions.

Here’s Render Number 2:

1 Like

that background makes me want to puke

I am sorry you feel that way. Keep in mind I am still getting used to the Paint.net drawing program. If you have any tips on how to navigate it, please tell me as that will help out in the long run.

Here’s another picture of my Self-MOC with a Staff and Kylo Ren style red lightsaber:

I shall have a little delivery on Wednesday of something that I’ve been wanting to get my hands on for a long time; I’ll leave you all to guess what shall arrive by then. Scratch that, the delivery won’t be until the 29th at the latest. Still, I’d love to hear your guys’ guesses as to what it is.

Ta-da!!!

Blaze with the Forbidden Mask of Ultimate Power!

Blaze with the G2 Vahi!

I am aware of the color issue but I made the best of what I had to work with from Shapeways.

Hey, y’all! just picked up the digital paintbrush again for a little art project.

Here’s what I’ve got so far:

I’m tracing off a photograph and I apologize if there is trouble seeing the lines, they’ll change later on.

3 Likes