Uumbaji, the Mad

The single Great Being of the planet of Yerma-Magna or as he calls it, BX-2009. Uumbaji is even more fabled than the ill-fated Toa M’Kuu, having only been mentioned once as a mad god that doomed the people of Yerma-Magna. Even the Ko-Matoran and Toa Barafu haven’t ever seen this creature despite them all being created by him.

Uumbaji is of an ancient clan of Great Beings that personally witnessed the Great Cataclysm of Spherus-Magna. He was among the many Great Beings that chose to abandon the fractured planet, believing the Great Spirit Robot would not succeed in its Destiny to reform their homeworld. Besides, this was the second Cataclysm he had witnessed and the solution to the first was… not fully thought out.

I can’t divulge all the juicy lore deets about this MOC as the implications are tremendous. Needless to say, I focused on a unique, slightly mysterious, and ancient looking build for “The failed god of Yerma-Magna”, essentially the sole reason the planet is and has always been the hostile world I envisioned nearly 15 years ago.

I love the idea that’s been floating around that the Slizers/Throwbots were some form of the Great Beings and after so long of planning on what I could make the penultimate being of my story look like, I chose this weathered, but still enigmatic feel. He has the almost reptilian look that the Throwbots had and once I chose him to be that style, I knew I had to use Millennium’s headpiece. That piece, to me, almost feels like the original Mask of Light but for the Throwbots theme which brings a whole air of fable with it.

21 Likes

I love the Throwbots head you used. The eyebrows on the visor give it a very elderly look.

2 Likes

I bought every Throwbot I didn’t already own from back in the day just to be sure I had all the face options. It came down to the wizened look of Amazon or the ragged cybernetics of Torch.

2 Likes