Vakama Hordika Revamp

Figured I may as well give the Hordika body type a new and improved look.

(if anyone knows how to embed videos here then, uh, don’t be a stranger.)

42 Likes

I love how you used those weird arm pieces for the lower part of the legs. Nice job!

2 Likes

Really nice overall, maybe there should be a little bit more silver on the arms and a little bit more red on the legs

Usually they just do that on their own when you write the link, but recently it doesn’t work anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, I originally had a little more red on the legs but I ended up sacrificing it for colour blocking. Likewise the arms are about as silver as they’re gonna get without recolouring the armour, which imo would throw the balance off again.

thanks for the heads up re what’s up with embeds. wonder what the deal is there.

1 Like

Wow this is a really good revamp, love the way you’ve got the Rhotuka spinner on the back (I am guessing that the blue pin on the back is were his weapon can go) and the shaping on the legs are great (good job on figuring out a use for those upper hordika arm pieces, they are so hard to use) over all, great moc 9/10

1 Like

yeah, the video shows weapon storage-- that’s what the pins are there for.

1 Like

Looks great!

2 Likes

I like the inclusion of the flip-up rhotuka launcher from the movie design

3 Likes

Toa Hordika Vakama was my first set and one of my favourites, and this is a brilliant revamp! :smile:

This is fantastic! I’ve never seen a Hordika revamp before and didn’t know I needed one, but now I’m just stunned by how you managed to make one of my least favorite original sets look so good. The lower legs in particular are well-built and the flip-up Rhotuka launcher looks awesome.

2 Likes