Vakama Hordika, The Feral King

After his betrayal and murder of Whenua, Vakama slipped into the shadows. He curled into a ball and sobbed for what seemed like days. Eventually he was approached by Roodaka, she cradled him in her arms “You did well my king. The Toa were doing nothing but hold you back. Now you can take your true place as ruler of the Visorak horde.” Vakama could do nothing but weep, his eyes flickering between orange and green as he struggled between his true self and the beast that now fought for control.
"There is no rush Vakama, take your time, the horde is waiting for you and there is much that you must learn.

The weeks passed by as Roodaka worked her way deeper into Vakama’s mind, the Hordika venom within him took more and more control transforming him further, closer to a Rahi than a Toa his mind corrupted and hateful and the memories of his former life slipping away. He had become a true ruler for the Visorak and now Roodaka had a single task for him.
“Vakama it is time, release our lord The Makuta. He will thank you and grant you even greater power”

Okay so here we have Vakama the Feral King, this is what I imagined he would become if the Hordika venom continued to change him, no longer able to return to a Toa ever again he is a Feral beast and pawn of Roodaka and Teridax.
Now even his bright orange flame has turned green with the corruption of the venom that fuels his rage.
(EDIT) Updated with the new thigh design.

The same as the Metru Nuva, this is also a revamp of an old moc that I made back around 2007.

Also credits for the parts and colours go to.
Turret3471 Pack
Galva Pack
Bio Pack
KhingK
KingSidorak
Megawillbot
Voidhound
Mod20087
Gifthammer
Hermaeus_Jackson
MO6Z
Rothanak
and a few of my own.

If I have missed anyone or if anyone knows any more skilled artists that have parts free for download then please let me know, I’m always looking for new parts.

45 Likes

Fixed Typo in Title.

2 Likes

Very nice. I love the story here. The moc is great.

actually it’s spelled betrayal

2 Likes

All fixed, thanks a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks kind of like a Minotaur, I like it. I don’t really understand how the uppermost legs hold together though.

2 Likes

:thinking: through hopes and dreams??? Okay I may have used some digital cheatary to get them looking the way I wanted lol

2 Likes

this is cool, again you took 2005 and edgified it to 100.

i like what you did with the blazer claw.
keep up the good work!

1 Like

Nonpurism? Hmm, might have to take my compliments back.

Sorry you feel that way. If you can offer up a solution that would work I would be happy to implement it.

Don’t worry about it bud, they are entitled to their opinion, it’s not a big deal.

1 Like

@Enbeanie @Alucia
I’m not actually disregarding the entire MOC over nonpurism…

Not saying you were. However constructive feedback would be nice. I’ve only been back in the mocing game for a little over the week and I must admit I’m currently just enjoying creating over creating something that is 100% within the bounds of reality.
So any feedback that helps me improve are greatly appreciated.
So while I do appreciate your feedback it would be nice if you might also have a suggestion on how to rectify The issue that you brought up.

Thats part of the issue, I don’t think there is a way to keep a very similar look while also being legal.

I think this may call for a custom peice then. The setup that I have works from an aesthetic perspective but it would require a part that doesen’t exist to funtion. Will take a bit of work and figuring out but I’m sure I can do it given a bit of time.
Still not purist but considering constraction is pretty much dead I don’t personally have an issue with adding fan made parts to the mix to keep things functional and original.

2 Likes

Awesome moc!I made a similar Vakama moc back in the day. This is inspiring me to revamp mine as well

Well, if you’re willing to use rubber bands, this would work:

(Ignore the colors, they’re placeholder)

7 Likes

Good shout Racie, you are a genius. I just worked out a way to make it work legally without the rubberband as well. @Krelikan Hey, how does this work for you? 100% legal only adds about 1 stud to the height as well.
I’ll update the model and renders later today with this new design.

4 Likes

Great build!

1 Like

Looks good. I hope it looks nice on the MOC.

1 Like