-Velvet-

hmm

wasn’t sure whether to post this at first but Wekua and Alucus encouraged me

here is Velvet, a snake girl I accidentally created while trying to do a shading test

not sure how most of you will feel about this but personally I think it’s the best piece of art I’ve made so far

Bonus

at least the shading test itself went pretty well

15 Likes

as someone who is a Scaly… yes

4 Likes

I reiterate, I think your artistic skill is rapidly improving, particularly in regards to your shading and the emotional expression of the characters

5 Likes

I mean, bats are essentially just snakes with wings.

5 Likes

this is going too far

4 Likes

And people wonder why I wanted to stop this

I do agree with the others in that your detail work is improving quite quickly

8 Likes

kinda hot ngl
looks pretty great!

6 Likes

this is actually technically quite good
But i fear for your life, ghid will probably not be merciful towards you

6 Likes

Not true. Snakes are reptiles, while bats are mammals. Bats consume mostly insects, while snakes eat rodents, squirrels, and each other. While both creatures have to hibernate during winter, bats have more resistance to cold temperatures than snakes because their bodies can generate enough heat to keep a stable body temperature. Snakes must warm up in the sunlight before being able to move during cold weather, and can suffer paralysis and death from freezing.

2 Likes

I think that was a joke based around the bats using Rahkshi heads

5 Likes

Ah. Which reminds me: I saw a MOC someone posted on instagram that looked like a Bayformer bat. Now I wish I’d taken a picture of it…

2 Likes

:dizzy_face:

5 Likes

rats?

4 Likes

That shading is quite nice, it’s true.

But a snake in a sweater and skirt is, without a doubt, a bizarre concept. =P

4 Likes

Said it already and I say it again, your doing great :slight_smile: and she looks really fantastic.

4 Likes

What have you done

5 Likes

If you desire to improve your art some, Monopoly, lemme tell ya something about your shading.
The highlights here are an issue. It should not intersect with the shading from the skirt. Why? Because if the shadow is there, the light should be blocked. You should remove the highlights that intersect with the shadows from the skirt.

8 Likes

here you go

8 Likes

Yes that appears better

5 Likes

thank you for your assistance

5 Likes