Ventum V9

Only, Ventum isn’t my self-MOC anymore. He’s just my namesake/alias. xP

Pretty much yeah.

Thank you for the comments! ^^

I really like the colour scheme of this MOC!

The ax looks more like a sickle, but the rest is amazing.

Thank you!

That was kind of intentional. It’s not fully fleshed out, but he’s meant to be sorta like a “Phantom”. He goes around attacking people like a ghost, so the fact it looks sorta like a sickle is no accident.

Thank you for the comment!

Love this thing unbelievably much.
Great Build
Great Proportions
Nice and Unique
Clean esthetic

Like fr, only problem I have is that the Metru red could be used a tad bit more. Like studs here and there, perhaps some bohrok eyes.

Either way, for once I don’t have any real critique other than my suggestion above IG.

Keep up the good work man

@The_Ablazed_Vantrax you… Death stare

Lol, anyways. I agree with the above. The proportions and the way the armor all fits together is nearly seamless. Something that could almost be confused for a high quality action figure- oh wait…

Looks great! my only issue is that the torso seems a bit too long.

It has occurred to me that this topic has goten 50 likes! Thanks for all the support guys, it means a lot! ^^

Also, thanks for all of your comments! It’s great hearing your opinions on my work.

If I ever manage to get my hands on Umarak, I’ll be sure to add some more metru red. But until then, this is currently how it is. Thank you for the suggestions though!

Thank you!

While I personally don’t think the torso is overly long, I can see what you mean. Thank you for the comment!

1 Like

Maybe the torso is not too long, maybe the legs are too short?

heck if I know. my SelfMOC’s legs are twice as long as his torso.

Such a sweet aesthetic on this guy! Love the dark red! Sweet feet! Though I don’t know about the black shoulder pads. Do you have a pair of White or dark red Rahkshi heads? I think that the silver and white on the axe clashes a bit. Any particular reason you didn’t make the whole thing silver?

ill take the cape man

Honestly, this is as great as it always gets, but I know you can do better! Keep it up!

(Also, are you having an internal conflict of sorts?)

If anything it might be the legs, but idk.

Thank you for the comment ^^

I don’t have a free pair sadly, or I would have used those instead. Furthermore, I can’t get them in white or dark red currently. Sorry :confused:

I don’t have any silver Technic. I could have possibly made it light grey, but idk.

Thank you!

I’m not sure I follow. :L

3 Likes

It’s another joke about the Self-MOC v. Self-MOC thing.

Presses F.

Ooohhh

Well, in a way, yes, and in a way, no.

Yes, because Ventum used to represent something I don’t consider myself anymore. Edgy, and very very dark. Which just isn’t the case anymore. So I guess you could see Kolk as the current me getting beaten by the past? I really have no clue. Lol
No, because Ventum has been “rebooted” in this version, and is made to be the antagonist on purpose. No internal conflicts are purposeful, it’s pure coincidence.

2 Likes

Okay, I don’t even know what happened the past couple of days but I’ve been looking at him a decent lot…and somehow, I don’t find him impressive (anymore?)

Don’t get me wrong, everything I said above was honest. Build is great and the color scheme more unique etc.
But somehow, when I look at him now, he’s just there. Like…hah?
I don’t even know. My problem with him now is his physique and the mask.
Somehow… I guess the shoulder-to-hip-ratio and the color of the mask have him look less of an epic and more of a powerful side character. I mean, I guess that was kind of your intention with Kolk as your current self moc but idk.
He kind of lost that serious factor he had to him. The kakama actually never had that IMO. Never that stern “I’ll make you scream sugar honey ice tea real fast.” look. It had that light heroic playful look to it.
“Why was that different with the old Ventum then? Huh?” I can hear you think that, trust me, I’ll explain.
It’s most likely color. The old Black Ventum mask which was usually if not always black could simulate a dark look more naturally. Ventum The Half Demon, actually had the mask work for it.
Here he just doesn’t have that look to him which for me creates lesser of an impact. Same goes for the shoulder to hip ratio if the moc doesn’t have any other very defining shapes and features.

Hope this doesn’t disgruntle you in any way
Either way, I still stand by my opinion of it being a good moc tho

No need to apologize mate. :smiley:

I was more referring to the white Bohrok eyes and Stars armour piece. They’d look much better if replaced with silver IMO.

There really isn’t much I can complain about with this MOC. The leg design (specifically the lower legs) is probably my favorite part of this MOC.

Awesome work as always, bro, keep it up!

1 Like

Holy mother of god that axe.

And holy mother of god the V5 axe as well.

2 Likes

Older and very different from the current version, but I really like it.