Verdant Woodcutter

The Verdant Woodcutter

It’s been a long time since I’ve done anything large with insects, but I had this cool idea and when I saw the “Crimson Haruspex” by @mysnaileatspizza1 I knew I had to build this.

It’s based on a mantis and takes a lot of inspiration from the Pokémon Scyther and had the idea of axe blades before seeing Kleavor. On a side note, I think Kleavor is really poorly designed as it doesn’t have wrists, a cool detail on the Woodcutter, you can see it’s fingers above it’s blades. The idea is the blades grow out of their arms as they mature.

This was quite a challenging build as I wanted to get as much detail as possible into such a small build. The head is a remaster of my Plague Mech Stinger from waaaay back, it was nice getting to reuse the design (once I fixed and improved it).

The background is “forest concept” by TylerEdlinArt and is taken from their DeviantArt.

Comments and criticism are welcome as always! :smiley:

37 Likes

Reminds me of something from Hollow Knight.

2 Likes

the color scheme is very well done and shaping for the silhouette is great

2 Likes

He looks pretty good! Though I doubt it would be able to stand if it was built irl.

1 Like

This is where fancy posing and friction come into play, I did some rough testing and it’s barely possible.

1 Like

At least it looks good.

1 Like

I like the axe-arms; It’s a unique design feature.

1 Like