Vetr-jotunn, Elemental Spirit of Ice

I started this moc a long while back, and decided to repurpose it for the “Continue the Legend of Bionicle” contest on bzpower.com, in which one makes something they wanted to see in G2. If G2 did continue on, I kind of hoped they would bring back the concept of elemental lords. This moc is supposed to represent an elemental spirit/lord of ice, and is adorned with some icy elements/ white fur to give him a snowy yeti type vibe.

Imgur
Imgur

Imgur
I’m most happy with how the head turned out–it’s actually surprisingly stable, as is most of the moc, as a whole. His kilt/ battle skirt is also very moveable and doesn’t hinder his poseability too much.

I probably could of put some more icy elements on him, but I am pretty happy with the way he turned out, overall.

65 Likes

I’ve seen some ice warrior-like mocs in the past, but this rather distinctive from part usages. I really thought the head used Strakk helmet, but rather his armor, the weapon and hand are a tad weak, but non the less great.

A back shot would also be nice.

4 Likes

Thanks! I took a pic of the back, but I didn’t include it here because it was not very good: Vetr-jotunn, Elemental Spirit of Ice (back) | rockmonster 2000 | Flickr

2 Likes

I’m quite impressed with how well the Chirox armor can form the basis of a face. It really goes hand in hand with the heavily tribal appearance.

2 Likes

I like the head, but maybe use less silver so it stands out more? Just a suggestion. Anyways this moc is really cool.

2 Likes

that head is 11/10 i love it

2 Likes

Great ominous head! It was such a great idea to use those armor pieces!
The rest is also neat.

2 Likes

This has a uniquely tribal look to it.

1 Like

I’m pretty impressed. The custom face is very unique, and the way the Strakk armor fits in is very cool, no pun intended.

1 Like

Face remonds me of thok lol

1 Like

Good stuff. I love the skirted look. I think a bit more white and/or trans-blue would make him look icier. But it’s still really cool as is.

1 Like

Can’t really say too much about this, but I absolutely love the head! except for the slightly open axle

1 Like

So I have two suggestions. First off, those red pins on the feet are even more irritating then usual. Maybe use white ones from Gahdok and Cahdok? Also, on it’s right arm, I recommend removing the pauldren to make the head stand out a bit more. These are just small nitpicks, this moc is fantastic overall.

1 Like