Vhanere and her Battle Visorak

Vhanere and her Battle Visorak

So I was thinking to myself while looking at Visorak mocs, why do they all only have one Rhotuka spinner? Surely a Visorak bred or built or armoured for war would have more right? And so the idea of a Visorak with one spinner per leg came about, then I needed to give them a rider and I decided on a female Vortixx, this is my first attempt at one in Stud io.

Vhanere and her Battle Visorak as they enter the Crucible’s main arena.

I decided that these two would slot perfectly in Bionicle Kingdom’s Crucible Arena and they’ll play a role in the story once I get to fully writing it, as will Vhanere’s twin sister and a bunch of other side characters I have planned.

Vhanere has a simple blue-black colour scheme with silver and orange luminous highlights and blue eyes, like her Rahi. She wields a custom Rhotuka shield and spear. Her Visorak, Strylka is adorned in gold plated Spinner shields that do work (but for the purposes of looking pretty they don’t have ripcords in the renders) but has a similar colour scheme to his rider.

Vhanere chose Strylka out of all the fledgeling battle Visorak on her first hunt, she chose him since they had similar colouring and his fierce attacks almost managed to kill her. Now he is her loyal companion and will defend his rider to the death.

In terms of articulation and real world building, everything you see is possible without illegal builds or clipping parts, the ripcord do fit into the shields on the legs although it would be a challenge to balance Vhanere onto Strylka. Stylka has pretty solid and stable leg design, each joint has two ball joints for high friction and stability.

I hope you guys like them, comments and criticism are welcome! :slight_smile:

52 Likes

Very cool, I really like the brick-built landscape you created for the MOC in the first photo.

2 Likes

This is absolutely incredible. I love the build for both of them.

1 Like

now this i do like, mostly the battle visorak which is something i now wanna try and replicate. the vortixx on the other hand, eh. there’s nothing wrong with her she just isn’t as interesting to me.

1 Like

@LegoDavid @captain_subtle Thanks!

@elementalheroshadow This was my first attempt at making a Vortixx in stud io, while I’ve seen a lot of Vortixx over the years I didn’t really want Vhanere to be the center of attention.

That’s an interesting observation.
I think the nature of Rhotukas is that they have a special ability matching their users personality, so maybe a Visorak can only ever hold a single Ability/Rhotuka, because they are simple minded drones?
The only multiple Rhotuka entity I can think of is the legendary beast Zivon, so it could be that very special conditions need to be met for that to happen. It’s of note that Zivons Rhotuka all have different powers that synergize together as a whole. Considering the whole personality thing that might be the only way multiple Rhotukas can work, but that’s the fun about making the story, you get to decide how the world works.

Speaking of, what is Vhaneres Rhotuka Ability? And what is Strylkas? Since he has two Spinners, do they have the same or different abilities? If they’re different, how do they work together, if at all?

This Visorak is part of my Bionicle Kingdoms AU where Visorak aren’t all necessarily drones, some are separate from swarms in the form of packs or hordes. Strylka is a pack Visorak which is why he is loyal to Vhanere, they’re a pack essentially, this is also why when they team up with Vhanere’s twin he has no issues as he associates her as part of the pack.

But yes in this canon, Visorak can only have one Rhotuka power, I’m still working out how they work in Bionicle Kingdoms but Strylka’s disks cause a heavy knockback or repulsion on impact and Vhanere’s causes a stunning/freezing effect that is temporary.

Strylka has four spinners, one on each leg.

That’s a good take, I can totally see it working like that. I underestimated how much individuality Visorak have, even in official canon. With single spinners they still have pretty complex abilities compared to other Rhotuka users, and they’re clearly able to make their own decisions.

Sorry, I didn’t even notice the ones on his hind legs.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m debating splitting Rhotuka into natural and artificial, natural Rhotuka spinners would be made by visorak and would be more like energy projectiles and artificial Rhotuka would be like Kanoka disks or have gadgets and stuff in them like nets or traps. Not sure yet.

2 Likes