Video Game Remakes/Remasters

Let’s talk and share our opinions about Video Game Remakes/Remasters.

1 Like

Zero Mission is best remake.

2 Likes

Halo 2 Anniversary is absolutely beautiful. The cutscenes are near-indistinguishable from real life.

4 Likes

I like how almost every last gen series is getting some sort of remake for the current gen consoles, I’m not complaining, but I think my wallet is :frowning:

2 Likes

Kingdom Hearts 1.5&2.5 ReMix tho

1 Like

Jedi Academy still needs a remastered version.
But that’s probably not going to happen. :disappointed:

1 Like

I agree with @Vuhii , Halo 2 Anniversary is my absolute favorite remake. If only there was a Star Wars Battlefront remake. I’d do just about anything for a remake for Battlefront.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you can consider Xenoblade Chronicles 3D a remaster but it’s awesome.
Also not sure if it counts is the Sly Cooper collection for PS3, some of the best games I’ve ever played.
Halo 2 anniversary is amazing also.

2 Likes

Halo 2 anniversary is absolutely beautiful

1 Like

While I don’t have anything against remakes and remasters, I’m honestly kinda fed up with remasters especially, mostly because there are so many on the current consoles (I want muh new games) but also because many of them either has no real justification of getting a remaster or is basically just the original game with shinier graphics.

There are of course exceptions, such as Metro Redux and GTA V (which I haven’t gotten yet though) that at least adds something extra and/or change a few things to make it somewhat different from the original game.

As for remakes, I greatly enjoyed Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy on the 3DS, which is a remake of Ace Combat 2 on the original Playstation which also was a fantastic game. Other than that though, I can’t say that I’ve played a lot of remakes.

1 Like

Game remakes are both awesome, but money-sucking. XD
I mean, it’s great to see an old game brought up to speed with everything else, but they can really lighten the wallet.

1 Like

They should remake a lot of old games to be honest, Red Faction could do with a remaster at some point as it was a very fun game but limited in what you could do and the graphics could do with a boost.

1 Like

Imagine a HD remake of Star Wars Republic Commando.

… in VR

…with Oculus Rift

3 Likes

Ok, listen to this guys.

Kingdom Hearts.

Still listening? Ok.

Kingdom Hearts, but with everything that made Kingdom Hearts 2 better added into it.

2 Likes