Virginia Dare Mk.I

The first of her kind to be constructed on US soil, Virginia stood as the benchmark by which all future mechs would be judged. Even nine years later, none of the new guys seem to measure up to the legacy of Virginia Dare and her crack pilot, Regis North.

So, I’ve always wanted to build a micro scale mech, but in the past I’ve never gotten farther than some lackluster head designs. I am super happy with how this one turned out. This moc obviously takes a lot of inspiration from Gypsy Danger from Pacific Rim, but I also took a lot of inspiration from one of my favorite mechs of all time, the Lancelot from Code Geass (and the mocs of M1NDxBEND3R, go check him out). It all started with that simple sword design, and I worked from there. I first thought of the mech’s name when I found that custom printed Virginia state flag piece, and realized Virginia Dare was a cool Jaeger-ish sounding mech name, and it was a fun historical nod to the first English child born in America. The build itself is incredibly articulate for a build not using any sort of ball and socket joints, and it’s quite stable when it comes to posing (though the elbow joints can get loose). I really tried to go for a “heroic” look that struck a nice glance between eastern and western mech design, and I think I accomplished that goal fairly well. Ok, I’ve droned on long enough, now on to the pictures (and my goodness, there are a lot of them; just goes to show how fun this thing was to pose).

Broad sword, shield, heavy burst rifle, two SMGs, and a railgun. Virginia Dare is well equipped with the finest tools in the trade.

If you got this far, thanks for viewing! :slight_smile:

24 Likes

oh those black pieces

oh my soul

I feel every nick, bite, scratch, scrape, dent, dint, crenel, embrasure, and con-cavity

the moc is, uh, pretty good. I like the chest.

3 Likes

yeah, TheMOCingbird may or may not have chewed on some of his lego collection in his younger years

5 Likes

I take back everything nice I have ever said about anything ever

even baked mac n cheese

2 Likes

Very cool, a lot of articulation in such a small build.

1 Like

Very nice. It’s pretty detailed for a small build.

1 Like