Volatile: A Dying Light Story

Hey guys. I’ve been thinking,and there’s not many stories with the zombie as the main character. Furthermore,there aren’t many topics about Dying Light,a zombie video game. I wanted to make a story for you guys based on the groundwork of dying light. Enjoy.

He stalked through the tunnels. His mind was a seething,fetid mass,with scrawls of humanity carved into the walls that instinct ran through,its breathing and claws striking against the walls,erasing all traces. He remembered the sun. The sun hurt.
It burned. He stayed where it was cool. He was hungry. He looked outside. It was night. He growled. He embraced the night in open arms.

She ran atop the roofs,like an acrobat. She jumped,avoiding the stinking, walking, wailing corpses that still wandered in the carcass of the city once know as Harran.
Her mind like a computer,analyzing data,looking for weakness and strength. Her name is Tere. She saw the night. She ran from it like the hare from the fox.

He had no name. He was the night. He was deadly. He smelled something.
He smelled prey. His split jaw opened in anticipation. He ran with the moon.

She ran from the moon. The moon meant death. Relentless,unyielding,death.
She gripped her blade tightly in her hand. She ran with the sunset.

He saw a figure. The scent was the same as what he smelled before.
He howled. He lept. He clawed.

She saw a figure. She heard the howl. Her blade tasted blood.

Then she recognized.

Then he recognized.

He remembered turning in her arms.

She remembered hugging him.

He remembered putting a bullet in his head.

She remembered tears flowing when he died.

He remembered getting back up. The bullet being pushed out of his head, the tissues reknitting themselves back together.

She remembered when his body was gone.

He uttered a name, but his throat was weathered by time.

She uttered a name.

He looked on with guilty eyes. He ran away with the moon.

She looked on with guilty eyes. She ran away with the sun.

A Zombie and a Human, seperated forevermore.

END

6 Likes

The structure with the two perspectives is pretty cool :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

ooh this is quite interesting. I agree with @atobe_brick, the dual perspective thing is cool.

2 Likes

ooo very cool - ye the dual perspectives is really nice!

1 Like