Vraxen: evil monkeys

This is a creature I’ve had in mind for a while and mentioned in a story I’m working on. I tend to get a specific image in my head of what things like this look like, so I had to illustrate it. Except I can’t draw worth a widget, so… Moc time!

Which you might’ve already guessed, since this is in the Lego creations category and not the artwork category.

Despite their goofy appearance, vraxen are widely respected as one of the most dangerous creatures in the Dun forests, though it is rare to see one alive. They resemble monkeys, but with razor-sharp bony protrusions all over their body and limbs, as well as teeth and claws. They live in the trees, where they can sit hidden in the leaves for hours on end, waiting for unsuspecting prey to pass by.

What makes these creatures dangerous is their speed. Vraxen are capable of short bursts of tremendous speed, launching themselves from one tree branch to another in the blink of an eye. They use their claws and blades to slash their quarry as they pass.

They move so quickly that their victims usually never even see the vraxen. Their targets only hear the noise of rustling and feel the creature’s attacks hit, unable to tell where the vraxen came from or where it is now, unable to tell where it will strike from next. Even if the victim survives the first strike, trying to outrun a vraxen is futile. Getting too close to a vraxen’s hiding spot is practically a death sentence, and few have survived an encounter with such a creature.

Lye Uhr claims to have a pet vraxen. It’s shy though, so that’s why no one has seen it.

I didn’t initially imagine it having a xenomorph-esque bone protrusion on it’s head, but as soon as I found that visorak mandible in my white parts I knew what I had to do. I would’ve liked the arms to be brown as well, as I imagine it being brown with white bone blades, but I only had two brown limbs. This thing is also not to scale; I imagine it would be about knee-height, standing upright. They are not big, they’re just deadly fast.

~W12~

22 Likes

This looks like a mixel design that got translated into constraction. Love it!

Now I’m curious how it’ll look in GWP form (aka mixel form).

6 Likes

This is great! Love the head design.

3 Likes

he just like me fr

Very compact, the curve on the top makes me want it to be a Bohrok and curl into a perfect ball

6 Likes