Vulcanus Magna Invasion Battle Set [Brickonicle Contest]

It is my first time participating at a contest, and I have no idea how it works.
But let’s get started anyway.

Set Name: Vulcanus Magna Invasion
Piece Count: 589
Price: $58,99

Here some more screenshots, made with Bluerender:

Some story: 100 years after Mata-Nui’s victory and the reformation of Spherus Magna, the Bionicles have become a thriving developed civilization. Colonization of empty planets has been possible through hard work from both the Matoran and Agori.[backstory of this new age is called Magna Story, can be found on my blog]. But the alternate Teridax, who fled Spherus Magna five years after his defeat, and landed on a small planet, but which is rich on natural resources. He is now using every resource possible, and created during 95 years a giant army. Makuta invaded first Skakdi and Skrall colonies, forcing them to join his army. He then invaded the first Agori/Matoran colony: Ilajun, a water planet. It was actually a trap to bring allied forces to Ilajun. Colonies with big industrial complexes have been invaded during the Battle of Ilajun, like Vulcanus Magna, a colony of Fire Agori on a lava planet. Only the Toa and Glatorian can stop them now.

Details:
The big quadropod is a Makuta creature, designed to be robust, and to be able to fly in space. It is armed with one laser cannon, and it got strong legs, that can destroy a house with a single hit. Mass Effect fans will know.

The hover vehicle is designed to fly up to 1 km over the ground., or to hover simply over a surface. It got 2 side cannons, and can carry up to 4 Bionicles(pilot included).

The set got 5 minifigs: Jaller, Hahli, Kongu, two Skakdi(blue and white) and a Rahkshi(brown).

I don’t have more sets, and I don’t know if I have enough time to create more. But at least I participated. Can’t wait to see more(and better sets) from others!

28 Likes

I won’t be commenting on this right yet, but do note in order to be officially entered you need to post a link to this topic in the Official Contest Topic.

4 Likes

Alright.

If we had sets like this for system Bionicle, I would be more open to it.

To be honest, I think it’s a little to futuristic for my liking.

It doesn’t really match the rest of the Bionicle Technology/feel, even though they did upgrade their vehicles and stuff as the background story says.

You did a great job building in LDD, though which the finished product does look cool! That’s the hardest part for me, personally.

6 Likes

That is an interesting Rahkshi minifigure.

Bionicle was classified as Sci-Fi, and I like space. It’s a very subjective choice to make hover vehicles and overpowered space insects, but I like futuristic approaches. My fav year was 2004(and naturally 2001-2003), so futuristic concepts are something I really like.

1 Like

Yeah, it does make sense, but it’s a bit of a stretch for me.

You did do a great job of developing your ideas and concepts, however!

3 Likes

U WOT M8

1 Like

I don’t want to write everytime Matoran/Agori, or Toa/Glatorian. Or is it because I used an s after le?

It’s because Bionicle is generally not pluralized, and at the same time I am personally irked whenever Bionicle characters or figures are referred to as “Bionicles” in general. My rage was exaggerated for comedic effect, mostly. But, really, it is a good and interesting MoC/build.

Just a heads up, upon reviewing this entry we noticed that you don’t have the required number of pictures for this model. Per our rules, there needs to be a total of 4 pictures or else the entry won’t be counted. If you could edit your topic with a fourth picture of your entry, that’d be great.

@SpeisCheese

-Mesonak

This will need to be done before this Saturday, or the entry will be disqualified.

Here you are.