Waamehi-Nui

Flickr album

Waamehi-Nui are gorilla-like Rahi that reside in forests throughout the universe. These creatures are more physically imposing than their Lava Ape cousins, but they are also friendlier and more social. Rumor even has it that a troop on the Southern Continent accepted several Bo-Matoran into their ranks. Good-natured these Rahi may be, but provoke a Waamehi-Nui and it will use its strength and horns to wreak the sort of havoc that gives Skakdi nightmares.

The term Waamehi-Nui was made using Tolkienā€™s Matoran Language: [wāmehi ā€œ(Rahi) possessing handsā€ < wai-amehi, from the possessive particle wai (originally denoting possession of the object) and amehi ā€œhandā€]

(Alternate backstory: Good Guy Hordika :P)

Thanks for taking a look. Iā€™d appreciate your thoughts!

47 Likes

The build is a bit messy, but itā€™s still pretty cool nevertheless. I especially like how you used those Visorak heads!

1 Like

Something about the rawness of this makes it feel like it could be an official build. I like it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you! The messy/raw/official look was what I was going for, so Iā€™m glad that came across.

2 Likes

I love this designā€¦ the head??? Especially

1 Like

Some very unique parts used in a very appealing way! Great work!

1 Like

Reminds me of early combination models for Bionicle, it has a nice use for the Rhakshi spine, and seems to have some rather nice articulation.

The only critique I have, is the shoulders, the ā€œpointsā€ feel out of place.

1 Like

That is a very nice ape rahi! I love the fan-fiction lore behind it too. And a great name that is like a 2001 rahi.

2 Likes

Ape rahi? Looks more buggish to me personally