3 Likes

Since the beginning of the boards I suppose

my entire existence is a bad joke

2 Likes

probably because it is

2 Likes

um.

Yeah.

People in normal circumstances would never do that.

2 Likes

[evil grin intensifies]

2 Likes

No, I meant outside of the contest, though I realize I probably could’ve made that clearer

See this is honestly the thing I don’t get, this website has a ton of activity on a daily basis anyways. True, this was definitely an interesting arc for the boards and is making me consider reviving an old boards game I used to run. At the same time people still have fun and laughs on the boards without resorting to trends, and awesome and cool MOCs are posted here basically on a daily basis. We have plenty of great games and RP topics too that people participate in, and funny comments almost daily by users like Winger, Ghid, and Mr. Monopoly. I’d argue the community was interesting and alive before all this batty stuff.

At least, more alive than it was post 2017. Felt like the boards died around 2018-20 (save the controversial canon contests), and had a revival last year and going into this one for the community. It’s less toxic, folks feel like they’re having fun. At least, it feels more friendly these days.

5 Likes

Well, the first part is definitely true, but I see no reason why trends can’t be allowed to exist just because the boards are fine without it. I mean, in any active community there are bound to be trends, and I see nothing wrong with that, so long as they aren’t harmful trends (you know, like eating tide pods or massive spoonfuls of cinnamon).

Oh gosh don’t remind me.

Not exactly what I was trying to say. I’m just saying, folks are making the argument that this was “the most interesting thing to happen in a while” and brought more boards activity. While true, I think it misses the bigger picture that this forum was indeed alive. I’d argue this trend was the result of the returned activity.

4 Likes

The issue isn’t it being trendy

the issue is it being a trend that is fueled by the simps and the burnt-out husk souls of better men :triumph:

6 Likes

this too, I saved us from the simping via nuclear annihilation

2 Likes

But why does that matter? Again, I see this as a non-argument against people having fun.

I have to agree with you here. I wasn’t aware that people were claiming that, but I agree that it’s probably more because we are active than the cause of activity.

That part of my argument was more focused on the other people who were against the bats than it was on you specifically.

1 Like

just because my generation is the stupidest dosent mean people have to point it out all the time

wait, I already point it out too much…

1 Like

While I’m definitely not of the mindset that the boards are boring and nothing happens, I do think we could use more event type things.

It would be nice to have something that is involved, and promotes activity as well. Something like the secret Santa is great for giving people stuff to do, but the fundamentals of what it is prevents people from interacting with each other about it. (And it’s locked to a season)

While the “war” wasn’t exactly what I thought it could be, it did ionize the boards, and lead to an influx of MOCs and artwork, as well as giving people something to discuss.

I would love to see involved stuff like this to be more frequent. We’ve seen it in the form of comics including characters boards members have made, and also Ghid’s books, but the amount of time between these projects can be fairly large.

I don’t have any ideas yet, but I want to throw the concept out there and see what other people can come up with.

7 Likes

the RRR and RRR plotline
smh untapped potential smh smh

4 Likes

I’m writing I’m writing don’t rush me smh

/s

Also is Monopoly trying to walk back the conflict by simping for his own bat

6 Likes

if he violates the treaty he will get into trouble :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Bummer I never got to post my mites

3 Likes

maybe you could modify them into peace mites?

2 Likes

so somebody must’ve sparked a new war,cuz syrup and the rest (except cappucino cough cough foreshadowing)have left.